PALAZON [CHERUBIM/DIVINE JUDGMENT]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
bibel89
Gravedigger
181 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
usling wrote:
bibel89 wrote:Hi usling. I am currently playing Physic version of Cherubim pally. But i remembered that you had played adjudicator version of this.
Is there any big difference between pure Physic and Adjudicator cherubim version? I played elemental version of this for a short time. But, it didnt go well in scos (i dont know how to survive in there without life spark on striking).


Hello Bibel :mrgreen:

Iv had no problems in Scosglen.. this build variation has some flat phy damage that leeches a tiny bit.. yes its not a lot like the phy version of palazon but it worked just fine for me, even without Hellfire Plate.

Adjudicator is indeed an elemental version of palazon. Its a strength based version that scales of
Adjudicator
Adjudicator
Goedendag (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 53 to 54
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 574
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Holy: Holy Fire Deals 4.5% of Strength as More Total Damage (max 250%)
Unholy: Blood Thorns: +40% Damage Multiplier
Nephalem: +25% Total Vessel Damage Bonus from Passives
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
Adds 175-325 Fire Damage
Adds 1-600 Lightning Damage
Adds 200-250 Cold Damage
+800 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
-(15 to 25)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (3)
by stacking strength you gain flat fire damage true holy fire. You can use the full
Curse of the Zakarum
Curse of the Zakarum
(Zakarum Set)

Bremm's Retribution
Wyand's Perfidy
Geleb's Greed
Maffer's Frenzy

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
Maximum Life +3%
Maximum Fire Resist +4%

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
70% Attack Speed
40% Movement Speed
70% Hit Recovery
(40 to 70)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +20%

Set Bonus with complete set:
+2 to All Skills
+84 Fire Damage
+50% to Fire Spell Damage
-60% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+3 to Path of Flames
+75 to all Attributes

with this variation. As physical palazon is also a strength based stacking build they both have rather lowish AR and as such tend to be a few variation getting the attack rating you want. I am not a big fan of this variation tho it can be very nice and its possible to get 90 all resist with this variation of the build. Sins we get our flat fire damage true "Holy Fire" +all skills is king for this variation. As such +2 or even +3
Seal of the Nephalem Kings
Seal of the Nephalem Kings
Ring

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 120
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
(10 to 15)% to Strength
(10 to 15)% to Vitality
(10 to 15)% Bonus to Defense
(10 to 20)% Gold Find
. Body armor you can use either
Arkaine's Valor
Arkaine's Valor
Splint Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (9532 - 10839) to (12577 - 14093)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 120
50% of Your Bonus to Defense Added as Vitality
+1 to All Skills
50% Hit Recovery
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(3000 to 5000) Defense
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
or
Hellfire Plate

Hellfire Plate
Body Armors

'IgnJahGurRhal'
Runeword Level: 115
+1% Innate Elemental Damage per 250 Strength and Dexterity
15% Chance to cast level 9 Life Spark on Melee Attack
20% Attack Speed
+250 Fire Damage
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(1 to 2)%
Fire Resist +(10 to 20)%
Lightning Resist +(10 to 20)%
Cold Resist +(10 to 20)%
Poison Resist +(10 to 20)%
Physical Resist (7 to 10)%
runeword. Amulet would be the
The Tesseract
The Tesseract
Amulet

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 105
+2 to All Skills
25% Cast Speed
+(1 to 30)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(1 to 20)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(1 to 30)% to Lightning Spell Damage
-(1 to 20)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(1 to 30)% to Cold Spell Damage
-(1 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(1 to 30)% to Poison Spell Damage
-(1 to 20)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
.

Saw that someone asked about "Skill Point" distribution for this variation.

I tend not to put points into the INCARNATION tree for the "attack rating" as I don't like that play style having to cast Solar Flare all the time. Base duration is 30 seconds now, so that's is good and properly makes it not as annoying to use anymore.

This is how I play the build. Yes you can go pickup the free "attack rating" in the Incarnation tree if you like

ASPECTS
Elemental Wisdom (MAX)
Veneration of Justice (1)
Spark of Hope (put points here until you get 60% movement speed)

TEMPLAR
Retaliate (1)
Divine Judgment (dump spare skill points here)
Lionheart (max)
Holy Fire (max)

MASTERY
Melee Devotion (1)
Meditation (3)
Specialization (10)

REWARD

Dragon´s Blessing (max)
Blessed Life (max)
Divine Apparition (1)



Thank you for your detail explanation.

I really like your build :) thx a again!
Stilgaron
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
usling wrote:
bibel89 wrote:Hi, really nice guide.

and curious about what is the difference between dex stacking and str stacking palazon.

I know its Physic and Elemental dmg but are there big gaps between physic and elemental?

actually i dont really prefer ele build (no leech) but if the ele one is much better than physic, i will consider to choose ele one lol


You "kinda" answered your own question :) but to the part about the so called GAP between the different variation of the build the elemental builds are more of a later endgame focus and in general elemental build is more overall damage. Sins Consecration got changed the gap is not as B I G and if you really want to I think if you invest in some expensive gear and stack A LOT of DS the physical version can do some amazing stuff.

I think this season I hit around 24K max damage on page 2 of D2stats before I swapped over to adju fire/str variation.

Overall best version of the palazon build would be
Azurewrath
Azurewrath
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
1020
Item Level: 130
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
100% of Vitality Added as Cold Damage to Weapon
Max Life gained per point of Vitality reduced by 0.9
You Cannot Deal Fire, Lightning or Poison Damage
40% Chance to cast level 30 Azure Orb on Melee Attack
Adds 160-250 Cold Damage
-100% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+2 to Remorseless Winter
Slow Target 25%
Maximum Cold Resist +10%
Physical Resist 10%
100% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
variation.


Can you explain "Azurewrath" variation? How you would build it? What items and points?
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Tried flameskin + facebreaker combo + abjudicator. With that setup facebreaker bonus doesnt work or dont show in stat chart (IAS 500+). Flameskin with zakarum set looks fantastic. Dont know why facebreaker malfunction, maybe too many gold text items, game limits it or an abjudicator works that way. Phys variant is just pathetic compared to ele version.
User avatar
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bliyadolubov wrote:Tried flameskin + facebreaker combo + abjudicator. With that setup facebreaker bonus doesnt work or dont show in stat chart (IAS 500+).

It works, I have tested it before. Just swap or pick & drop one of ur gears and wait seconds for it to work.
Bliyadolubov wrote:Flameskin with zakarum set looks fantastic.

It helps, but I dont think it is fantastic, even with facebreaker gloves. 5000 str just adds 250 extra IAS, which means 625- 875 more fire dmg. Good but not fantastic. Lets say u get about 300 IAS uself, 250 more from facebreaker, that is 550 IAS totally, which will be 1375- 1925 more flat fire dmg. Maybe it is kinda fantastic? But price is also big. U will lose much hp for not using Arkaine's Valor and 10 pr (even u are a pal and have pr from Blessed Life, that 10 pr is still important for u to reach 60 pr in late game). With facebreaker, u will lose the full set bonus which is big. I dont think hp + 10pr + full set bonus for 1375- 1925 more fire dmg is a good deal.

But yeah, flameskin + zakarum set is dmg-wise if u dont mind losing that much hp from Arkaine's Valor, but personlly I wont do the trade. As for flameskin + facebreaker combo, I dont think it worth breaking the full set.
Bliyadolubov wrote:Phys variant is just pathetic compared to ele version.

True. That is why I suggest buffing the blood of creation for pal. Like +50ds if holy. But better way is, just buff holy melee itself. But still, it doesnt change the fact that blood of creation pal is trash.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:Tried flameskin + facebreaker combo + abjudicator. With that setup facebreaker bonus doesnt work or dont show in stat chart (IAS 500+).

It works, I have tested it before. Just swap or pick & drop one of ur gears and wait seconds for it to work.
Bliyadolubov wrote:Flameskin with zakarum set looks fantastic.

It helps, but I dont think it is fantastic, even with facebreaker gloves. 5000 str just adds 250 extra IAS, which means 625- 875 more fire dmg. Good but not fantastic. Lets say u get about 300 IAS uself, 250 more from facebreaker, that is 550 IAS totally, which will be 1375- 1925 more flat fire dmg. Maybe it is kinda fantastic? But price is also big. U will lose much hp for not using Arkaine's Valor and 10 pr (even u are a pal and have pr from Blessed Life, that 10 pr is still important for u to reach 60 pr in late game). With facebreaker, u will lose the full set bonus which is big. I dont think hp + 10pr + full set bonus for 1375- 1925 more fire dmg is a good deal.

But yeah, flameskin + zakarum set is dmg-wise if u dont mind losing that much hp from Arkaine's Valor, but personlly I wont do the trade. As for flameskin + facebreaker combo, I dont think it worth breaking the full set.
Bliyadolubov wrote:Phys variant is just pathetic compared to ele version.

True. That is why I suggest buffing the blood of creation for pal. Like +50ds if holy. But better way is, just buff holy melee itself. But still, it doesnt change the fact that blood of creation pal is trash.

i dont want to lie, but when i checked flameskin and facebreaker without weapon it gives about 4000 flat fire at damage state (on the first page of state menu)
User avatar
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bliyadolubov wrote:i dont want to lie, but when i checked flameskin and facebreaker without weapon it gives about 4000 flat fire at damage state (on the first page of state menu)

I didnt mean that. I just tested it in sp in 2.5 version, flameskin + facebreaker + adjudicator + holy fire passive, it works. But the panel data didnt change right away the moment u put facebreaker gloves on, like u said. U need to swap or just pick & drop one of ur gears, and wait for seconds before it works, then the panel or D2S will show u the right fire dmg.


This was my fire dmg for test with flameskin + adjudicator + 1 point in holy fire. No gloves.
Image
When I put on the facebreaker and swapped/swapped back and waited, the panel changed.
Image
This was the total attack speed I had with facebreaker and without facebreaker.
ImageImage
If do the math, u can know it works. 399 + (125-35)*5/2=624. The only problem is, it wont work right away the moment u put on the gloves, u need to swap and swap back for it to work.
arsnwk
Fallen
1 | 0
guys still work on 2.5?
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
I want to play with minions, hybrid build, My plan was to transit into ranged weapon damage dealer (stormcrows, arrow swarm, disco inferno...) It was best plan possible, since i cant use minions with melee devotion i sacrifised with melee mastery. So it would be good to use ranged skills which would fit to non melee playstile. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ranged skills dont work with lionheart, for fuck sake. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
User avatar
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bliyadolubov wrote:I want to play with minions, hybrid build, My plan was to transit into ranged weapon damage dealer (stormcrows, arrow swarm, disco inferno...) It was best plan possible, since i cant use minions with melee devotion i sacrifised with melee mastery. So it would be good to use ranged skills which would fit to non melee playstile. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ranged skills dont work with lionheart, for fuck sake. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Lol, chill bro. The whole class started to lose playerbase 2-3 seasons ago. In like 70-100 SC players around me, they play Ama, Bar, Asn, Nec, Dru, Sorc...all except pal, since they all know pal sucks in recent patches, esp in late/very late game. Only 5 of them played pal this ladder, 2 aimed for farming laz in early game, 2 used Azure, and 1 did holy caster pal to taste fresh after his first chars, dru and Bar, reaching lvl 150.


Though uhc/hc/some oskill pals can do T10 lab, reaching lvl 150, but they are not very strong/all-round or popular. The only good enough all-round bd left now for pal in late game is Azure pal with bladestorm.

The whole class now needs a major rework, unholy caster/holy caster/holy melee/unholy melee and even the blood relic for pal, these all need a major buff. When a class has no way but to use Azure the SSSU with certain relics to be saved/good enough in late game, then u know it sucks.
kinnhaunao
Prowler
15 | 0
usling wrote:
bibel89 wrote:Hi, really nice guide.

and curious about what is the difference between dex stacking and str stacking palazon.

I know its Physic and Elemental dmg but are there big gaps between physic and elemental?

actually i dont really prefer ele build (no leech) but if the ele one is much better than physic, i will consider to choose ele one lol


You "kinda" answered your own question :) but to the part about the so called GAP between the different variation of the build the elemental builds are more of a later endgame focus and in general elemental build is more overall damage. Sins Consecration got changed the gap is not as B I G and if you really want to I think if you invest in some expensive gear and stack A LOT of DS the physical version can do some amazing stuff.

I think this season I hit around 24K max damage on page 2 of D2stats before I swapped over to adju fire/str variation.

Overall best version of the palazon build would be
Azurewrath
Azurewrath
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
1020
Item Level: 130
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
100% of Vitality Added as Cold Damage to Weapon
Max Life gained per point of Vitality reduced by 0.9
You Cannot Deal Fire, Lightning or Poison Damage
40% Chance to cast level 30 Azure Orb on Melee Attack
Adds 160-250 Cold Damage
-100% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+2 to Remorseless Winter
Slow Target 25%
Maximum Cold Resist +10%
Physical Resist 10%
100% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
variation.

Hi, can you share the
Azurewrath
Azurewrath
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
1020
Item Level: 130
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
100% of Vitality Added as Cold Damage to Weapon
Max Life gained per point of Vitality reduced by 0.9
You Cannot Deal Fire, Lightning or Poison Damage
40% Chance to cast level 30 Azure Orb on Melee Attack
Adds 160-250 Cold Damage
-100% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+2 to Remorseless Winter
Slow Target 25%
Maximum Cold Resist +10%
Physical Resist 10%
100% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
setup?