Incarnation Paladin (Holy Caster) SSF-viable

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
prolexy
Destroyer
7 | 0
stupid question - but what mean "PMSD" in MO / Jewellry section ?
paolo12
Cog
207 | 18
prolexy wrote:stupid question - but what mean "PMSD" in MO / Jewellry section ?

Physical/magic spell damage orb from vendors
prolexy
Destroyer
7 | 0
paolo12 wrote:
prolexy wrote:stupid question - but what mean "PMSD" in MO / Jewellry section ?

Physical/magic spell damage orb from vendors

Ahhh okay thanks
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
loreth2021 wrote:just found this guide for starting from lvl 1 as a 2.0 pala; cuz i watched the cherubim pala guide which is useable from 110.

so - our main dmg skill annihilation has same dmg type pierce included, up to -160%, therefore we only need 39%? more for cap pierce for _all_ content theoretically?

as anni isnt a "minion" which is attackable, it should work "better" than e.g. totems from necro, or other stuff that is killable/counts as summon (e.g. baal hell-> if we use summons, he will summon more minions and so on).

this seems really good, or where is the catch?

my main char is sorc 130sh, and even with whole mid game set and sacred crafted stuff, its not easy to have high pierce; im at around -50%.

it seems that this build is also group-friendly; as we are casting anni and other dmg spells and can also buff our grpmember with spark of hope.

Technically yes but we're only concerned with that when we reach said content that needs that amount of pierce. This guide isn't for that. It's to give new players a chance to try something they've seen streamers and top ladder people play and endgame options to those who aren't sure what to build towards.

The catch is that it's a glasscannon caster. You're inherently limited by that a lot.
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
thanks, makes sense!

at least it seems that you can reach mid game easily, especially if its not the first char and you have already the 4sh and 2sh set items for later. and after that / 135+, cherubim seems fine (other thread/guide), if you have the items for it
Thraxis
Thunder Beetle
55 | 37
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
loreth2021 wrote:just found this guide for starting from lvl 1 as a 2.0 pala; cuz i watched the cherubim pala guide which is useable from 110.

so - our main dmg skill annihilation has same dmg type pierce included, up to -160%, therefore we only need 39%? more for cap pierce for _all_ content theoretically?

as anni isnt a "minion" which is attackable, it should work "better" than e.g. totems from necro, or other stuff that is killable/counts as summon (e.g. baal hell-> if we use summons, he will summon more minions and so on).

this seems really good, or where is the catch?

my main char is sorc 130sh, and even with whole mid game set and sacred crafted stuff, its not easy to have high pierce; im at around -50%.

it seems that this build is also group-friendly; as we are casting anni and other dmg spells and can also buff our grpmember with spark of hope.

Take note that Annihilation doesn't scale with character pierce, it's pierce is innate because it's more or less a "trap" summon. So the only way to scale it's pierce further than 160 is with the dragon breath curse. Works for sam, but just a note not really useful in labs.
arythia
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Of all of the buffs we put skills into for this build, which buffs should we always keep up? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Redemption
Gravedigger
195 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
I’m currently playing a unholy melee paladin, level 106 atm and I’m wondering is it better to switch to this? Farming/bossing wise?
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Redemption wrote:I’m currently playing a unholy melee paladin, level 106 atm and I’m wondering is it better to switch to this? Farming/bossing wise?

I'm putting videos on the guide as we speak, so you can watch those and judge yourself
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Some more videos up on the Ubers-section