Physical Throw Barb - A True Warmonger's Guide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
PitStains
Balrog
124 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
how do you sustain mana once you hit ~100 with max stampede and normal monsters are are taking 4-5 throws to kill?
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
Haven't been playing Median XL for years. This guide rekindled my interest in the game. Maybe this time I'll be able to get to the lategame content.

So... aren't ethereal items impossible to upgrade via mystic orbs (including UMOs)? Or is that info outdated?
(Edit: I checked the old forums, that info apparently IS outdated)
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
PitStains wrote:how do you sustain mana once you hit ~100 with max stampede and normal monsters are are taking 4-5 throws to kill?

Mana leech (from Bartuc's charm) helps greatly. There are other leech charms (creature of flame if I remember right) and also you got a good mana pool.

Just add 1 point meditation for speed up the mana recovery before those charms... (you get half mana in 3 secs) or add some mana leech mistic orbs. I'm leveling my barbarian (I've deleted my old barb and he got nearly half trophys in the game :( ) but he don't needs too much twink in comparison with other chars and the return of Goblin season is really fine. I got the old charms and trophys witn tier uniques equipment lol... I'm using eagle until now but I would test maxed wolf stance tomorrow (actually wolf is maxed and eagle is 1 pointer lol but I'm still using eagle for the mana thing).
ddraabe
Prowler
17 | 1
Why 20-25 in stampede, max axes is 3 at 18 skill points.
better to have more in overkill?
or do i miss understand the skill ?
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
ddraabe wrote:Why 20-25 in stampede, max axes is 3 at 18 skill points.
better to have more in overkill?
or do i miss understand the skill ?

Nah, we don't use Overkill so a few extra points in stampede is better.

My problem is I'm thinking that I would not get the reward in Baal dest. 115 Is so low level... I'm already 109 in ACT 1 destruction, lol
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
MUS01 wrote:My problem is I'm thinking that I would not get the reward in Baal dest. 115 Is so low level... I'm already 109 in ACT 1 destruction, lol

What reward? Yet another undocumented feature?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Seikun wrote:
MUS01 wrote:My problem is I'm thinking that I would not get the reward in Baal dest. 115 Is so low level... I'm already 109 in ACT 1 destruction, lol

What reward? Yet another undocumented feature?

it's only undocumented if you read literally nothing in the patch announcement or notes or leaks on discord
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time

Don't worry, exp gain slows down a lot at that point. I was 113 with my throw barb (and I even ran some IotSS and Torajan Jungles) when I beat Baal. The fight was not a fun experience, adds were too sturdy... but my equipment at least dmg-wise was lacking due to my laziness so not complaining, Stampede is still strong as duck.
scoobysnacks
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
In the guide notes, it mentions
Titan's Blockade

Titan's Blockade
Barbarian Shields

'UmZolLew'
Runeword Level: 110
At least 1 Base Level in Runemaster: Maximum Poison Resist +4%
With 15 Base Levels in Runemaster: 10% Deadly Strike
40% Hit Recovery
Adds 15-25 Damage
Slows Attacker by 10%
+(130 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
+(1000 to 2000) Defense
(20 to 30)% to Strength
20% to Vitality
Maximum Mana +5%
Elemental Resists +35%
having 2 max res. Was this removed or am I missing something? If it was removed is it still viable as the best shield? I see it has +4 max pois res so I figure that was changed.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
scoobysnacks wrote:In the guide notes, it mentions
Titan's Blockade

Titan's Blockade
Barbarian Shields

'UmZolLew'
Runeword Level: 110
At least 1 Base Level in Runemaster: Maximum Poison Resist +4%
With 15 Base Levels in Runemaster: 10% Deadly Strike
40% Hit Recovery
Adds 15-25 Damage
Slows Attacker by 10%
+(130 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
+(1000 to 2000) Defense
(20 to 30)% to Strength
20% to Vitality
Maximum Mana +5%
Elemental Resists +35%
having 2 max res. Was this removed or am I missing something? If it was removed is it still viable as the best shield? I see it has +4 max pois res so I figure that was changed.

He corrects it at the start of a guide, it was changed in 2.7. Not sure if it's bis but still a very strong shield.