The Soulforge

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Wys
Dark Huntress
14 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

The Soulforge

The Soulforge is a brand new crafting system as of 2.9. It allows you to perfect the rare items you find throughout the game, by allowing you to add the missing affixes on an item which can turn it from mediocre to great. It requires Heavenly Souls from the new area, the Library of Fate. The Library has two versions, one requiring level 125 to enter, the other requires 130. While there is no increased drop rate for souls in the 130 version of the zone, it has a higher density which will lead to more souls dropping...assuming you are up to the challenge.

You can now view the number of affixes and suffixes on an item via the mouseover window, as in the image below. This allows you to see what you have open for crafting on that particular item, and plan accordingly. The item below for example, can have 1 affix and 2 suffixes added, as long as they are not from the same gem grouping.

► Show Spoiler

Once you have your item selected, you can combine it with the Soulforge and other crafting materials to get the desired result. Note that the Soulforge requires, but does not consume, a gem of the type listed on the Soulforge along with the requisite amount of Oils of Craft and Heavenly Souls. The only exception is the Unique formula, which only requires Souls and Oils. The formula will always follow the same format:

[# of Oil of Enhancement] + [# of Souls] + [Gem] + [Item Type]

WARNING!!! You MUST do any soulforging before attempting to bless, corrupt, or MO an item. WARNING!!!

Diamond: Damage, Spell Focus, DS, Minion Damage, Slow Target, Physical Resist, Damage Reduction
► Show Spoiler

Ruby: Fire Spell Damage, Life, Life Leech, Regen, Fire Damage, Fire Pierce, LoK, Minion Life, Max Fire Resist
► Show Spoiler

Sapphire: Cold Spell Damage, Mana, Mana Leech, Cold Damage, Cold Pierce, MoK, Max Cold Resist, %Energy
► Show Spoiler

Topaz: Lightning Spell Damage, Cast Speed, Attack Speed, Lightning Damage, Magic Find, Lightning Pierce, Max Lightning Resist, %Dexterity
► Show Spoiler

Emerald: Poison Spell Damage, Poison Length Reduced, Poison Damage per Second, Poison Pierce, Attack Rating, Block Chance, Max Poison Resist, %Strength
► Show Spoiler

Skull: Phys/Mag Spell Damage, Magic Damage, Gold Find, %Vitality
► Show Spoiler

Rainb-O Stone: O-skills! Death Star, Rising Dawn, Chaotic Spark, Phoenix Wave, Searing Glow, Tantrum
► Show Spoiler

Uniques: No Gem required, just a small cost of 20 souls and 1-2 Oil of Craft, depending on which you want to make.
► Show Spoiler
Edited by Wys 2 days.
Sardonic
Gravedigger
196 | 8
Nicely done.
nob4242
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Thanks for the write up!
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2979 | 440
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Slowly becoming PoE.
BearBearderBarb
Abomination
146 | 10
More like Median2008 with all that gem wrangling for crafting.
AGsniper
Bone Archer
74 | 3
Anonymous: wrote:Slowly becoming PoE.

And thats fine. Poe is a good game.

Do you want median to stay stale? Build a bear druid, melee sorc or other meta build with meta gear, endlessly farm fauzt..... rinse and repeat?
BearBearderBarb
Abomination
146 | 10
PoE is "not stale" in a worst way possible. Skip two leagues and you will have no idea what you are playing. And the baseline map gameplay is even more braindead than fauzt farming.
cyan347
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hello guys,

First of all thanks for the guide Wys, sadly im not unable to craft via the soulforge, i tried many things still no result.
I might be doing something wrong i guess this is why i do that post.

To resume my problem : i tried to soulforge a Large axe (angelic) with 2 prefixes and 2 suffixes, i cubed the soulforge, an oil (i tried both craft/enhancement), a soul, and a Perfect skull, nothing happened.

What am i doing wrong ? I tried with several items, still no result.

Problem is clearly on my side since it's my first character on median XL and there's many things that i didnt figured it out, Many crafting materials were lost in many process, the noob way.

Btw, the game rock.

Sorry for my english it isn't my native language.
flamacore
Prowler
16 | 14
Seems like "an oil" and "a soul" are the problems. Did you check what you want to add and the required number of oils + souls? For example, To add Physical Resist to an armor piece, you would need 4 oils of enchantment, 1 heavenly soul, 1 PDiamond, Soulforge and the item in the cube.

Those numbers are indicated on the forge when you transmute it when it's the only item in the cube.
cyan347
Skeleton
2 | 0
Thanks for your answer Flamacore, weird thing is, i don't have the windows with everything explained like in the picture in Wys's post, so i guess i've missed a step.

For now i cubed an oil and a soul to create the soulforge and tried the step i mentioned before without success, but im clearly missing a step in between the two, like an upgrade of the forge or something like this.

Thanks !

Edit; im not missing anything, i tried your recipe for armor and it worked perfectly !

Thanks again, how dumb i am