Linux Standalone Median XL Launcher

Need help installing the mod?
metasequoia
Cog
212 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
oi peepz!

can someone help me, i'm too dumb to figure it out. it's about setting up d2glide or d2dx or whatever makes the game run smoother. i'm on a duct-taped laptop and the game is fine, mostly, but the deimoss fire nova makes the game drop to 3fps everytime, causing heavy desync, and i heard there's technical solution to that. but i don't get in on linux.
i can sure cheese the fight and just take the novas, yes, but that does not feel intended.

i'm running xubuntu, most recent launcher (big THX for this one and nice that it just works, with the other launcher failing), playing in windowed so far.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
188 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
metasequoia wrote:oi peepz!

can someone help me, i'm too dumb to figure it out. it's about setting up d2glide or d2dx or whatever makes the game run smoother. i'm on a duct-taped laptop and the game is fine, mostly, but the deimoss fire nova makes the game drop to 3fps everytime, causing heavy desync, and i heard there's technical solution to that. but i don't get in on linux.
i can sure cheese the fight and just take the novas, yes, but that does not feel intended.

i'm running xubuntu, most recent launcher (big THX for this one and nice that it just works, with the other launcher failing), playing in windowed so far.

Glide is a trap; use ddraw; 10/10 experience would recc
metasequoia
Cog
212 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
is there a way to do this via the launcher? i dont get the menus and trying to setup the d2gl stuff does not work so far.
Texalic
Grubber
338 | 24
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
metasequoia wrote:is there a way to do this via the launcher? i dont get the menus and trying to setup the d2gl stuff does not work so far.

I guess you are using mxl fork for D2GL ?