Troubleshooting for Median XL: Sigma

Need help installing the mod?
phong2322005
Fallen
1 | 0
Launcher is started and shows in the taskbar and task manager but the window never appears?
The Launcher seems to remember where it was placed on your desktop. If you recently changed monitors or switched them in settings, the Launcher will appear off-screen. One possible solution would be to reset your monitors and settings as they originally were when you first ran the Launcher. If you are using 3DFX Glide video mode you can also try to open its options and checking the "centered" voice in the "settings" section.

Can you guide me more detail ? my launcher is same as u said and idk how to fix it , tks
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
moncuZ wrote:Hi, i was playing with stable 60fps, then once i launch game fps became unstable <30 and query showing this spikes now.
Once this happened, but somehow fixed itself. Can be it fixed somehow?
► Show Spoiler

Are you playing full-screen or winowed? FPS become unstable right away or after some time? Does this happen with other video modes aswell? More info is needed...
I'm not experiencing the issue and this is my Glide configuaration, maybe you could try to set yours to mirror it:
► settings

► renderer

► extensions

Edit: fixed broken links

phong2322005 wrote:Launcher is started and shows in the taskbar and task manager but the window never appears?
The Launcher seems to remember where it was placed on your desktop. If you recently changed monitors or switched them in settings, the Launcher will appear off-screen. One possible solution would be to reset your monitors and settings as they originally were when you first ran the Launcher. If you are using 3DFX Glide video mode you can also try to open its options and checking the "centered" voice in the "settings" section.

Can you guide me more detail ? my launcher is same as u said and idk how to fix it , tks

So your Launcher shows up in the taskbar but it doesn't appear because you switched monitors? I suppose the details on how to reset your monitors and settings how they were when you used the Launcher depend on your specific configuation, to be honest I feel like broad instructions such as those already provided are all I can offer right now. Maybe you could try to backup you save files (if you play SP) and then uninstall/reinstall the Launcher to reset whatever needs to be reset. If it's only the game window instead that doesn't show up you could try to go into your Diablo II folder, where "Game.exe" can be found, and once there click on "glide-init.exe" to open Glide's settings; then, once opened, go into the "settings" tab and check "centered", click on "Quit" and try to open up the game.
Edited by RequiemLux 4 years.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
moncuZ
Skeleton
3 | 0
Are you playing full-screen or winowed? FPS become unstable right away or after some time? Does this happen with other video modes aswell? More info is needed...
I'm not experiencing the issue and this is my Glide configuaration, maybe you could try to set yours to mirror it:
► settings

► renderer

► extensions

Windowed. Fps very low about first minute of gameplay, and dropping in fights harder than before. I'm playing in D3D now, no perfomance issues.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
moncuZ wrote:
► settings

► renderer

► extensions

Windowed. Fps very low about first minute of gameplay, and dropping in fights harder than before. I'm playing in D3D now, no perfomance issues.

Yeah sounds like a classic case of Glide working awfully on your PC configurations. Sadly its performance results vary drastically from one sistem to another. You might want to try tweaking a bit the Glide's settins and see if any improvemnt occurs. There's not an easy solution, in any case I've updated the broken links so now the pics should show once again. If you can't manage to fix the situation probably playing in D3D would be the best option, but you could also try to play without sounds (they can be disabled in the Launcher's settings page) since sometimes can be heavy on performances.
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
flubbucket
Spam Gives Me Shiny Lips
1515 | 15
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I mostly play single player. However I have played TSW and until recently was able to join/create games and play. Now I get a "unable to connect to battlenet" error and I don't know why??

What am I missing??
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
flubbucket wrote:I mostly play single player. However I have played TSW and until recently was able to join/create games and play. Now I get a "unable to connect to battlenet" error and I don't know why??
What am I missing??

What OS are you using?
flubbucket
Spam Gives Me Shiny Lips
1515 | 15
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
RequiemLux wrote:
flubbucket wrote:I mostly play single player. However I have played TSW and until recently was able to join/create games and play. Now I get a "unable to connect to battlenet" error and I don't know why??
What am I missing??

What OS are you using?

Windows 7.

It used to work perfectly and I have a couple of accounts with 8-10 different characters each.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
flubbucket wrote:Windows 7. It used to work perfectly and I have a couple of accounts with 8-10 different characters each.

Try the following:
-Click Start.
-Enter cmd in the Start menu search text box.
-Right-click the cmd entry (Command Prompt) and select Run as Administrator.
-Run the following command:
ipconfig /flushdns
If the command succeeds, the system returns the following message:
Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
Shut down the PC and shut down for at least 10 seconds your router/modem. Then restart both and retry connecting.
flubbucket
Spam Gives Me Shiny Lips
1515 | 15
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
RequiemLux wrote:
flubbucket wrote:Windows 7. It used to work perfectly and I have a couple of accounts with 8-10 different characters each.

Try the following:
-Click Start.
-Enter cmd in the Start menu search text box.
-Right-click the cmd entry (Command Prompt) and select Run as Administrator.
-Run the following command:
ipconfig /flushdns
If the command succeeds, the system returns the following message:
Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
Shut down the PC and shut down for at least 10 seconds your router/modem. Then restart both and retry connecting.

I tried twice to no avail. I did get the successful message after each attempt.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
flubbucket wrote:I tried twice to no avail. I did get the successful message after each attempt.

Is your ISP Comcast? If yes, you'll might need to disable the advanced security on the network:
More (at top) → My services → xFI Advanced Security → Turn Off. (or something like this, I don't have Comast)