pixelated all of a sudden ? help?

Need help installing the mod?
Matata
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Hi guys, I got sigma xl again but this time on a win 10 pc. All of a sudden everything looks more pixelated, like texts, items and in general the graphics, also kind of like blurry. I know it is diablo 2 but it still looks kind of worse than before. I will upload screenshots. Could be some setting on win 10 or the glide wrapper ? I used to play it on win 7 and it looked better. Maybe I'm imagining stuff? Thanks. :mrgreen:

Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 60
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
This looks perfectly fine for me. Probably the resolution of your screen is bigger so it feels worse.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Agreed with Istaryu.

What you can do is go on your Glide launcher settings, and lower the resolution for your game.

For instance, I'm also on win10 and my screen resolution is 1680x1050, but I still force Median to play in windowed mode in 1024x768. Anything higher makes me puke :P
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Wulf wrote:For instance, I'm also on win10 and my screen resolution is 1680x1050, but I still force Median to play in windowed mode in 1024x768. Anything higher makes me puke :P

Can relate to that, 32" 1440p monitor, just tried open it in full screen for the lulz (I've never played d2 in fullscreen), and I could actually count the pixels on the monitor lmao.
Matata
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Thanks guys. Setting it to windowed mode does help out a lot with the pixels and blurriness , it is just that I really have an OCD type of thing when it comes to playing games in windowed mode lol. I remember there used to be a way to stretch windowed mode to full screen or something, I will look into it. Cheers
Matata
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
If anybody else is wondering later on, I used Windows Borderless Gaming tool combined with this > viewtopic.php?t=22267 . You might have to play a bit with the adjustments here and there but if I managed to do it anybody should be able to. For custom res on the WBG I used 1920 (native res) + 1440 to keep aspect ratio and a bit of tinkering with the adjustments on the glide wrapper from the median launcher (didn't deviate much from the ones used in the thread above). Worked like a charm, just got a little white line on the top border of the screen but it is barely noticeable even for someone with an OCD like me lol.
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Enabling supersampling in glide settings also makes it a bit sharper.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
suchbalance wrote:Enabling supersampling in glide settings also makes it a bit sharper.

Where is that in the settings? Looked around in every tab and didn't see a supersampling option.
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
You need to enable WGL_ARB_render_texture in extensions first, then the option appears under the rendered menu.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
okay i enabled it. i gotta say, i see no difference.