Can't change installation directory

Need help installing the mod?
seven
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
根据安装说明里面提到的,我已经看到了许可协议并且点击了同意,但之后并未看到帖子里提到的第二和第三个步骤,而是直接进行了下载安装,根本无法修改安装目录,这是为什么?系统是win10,Median XL Launcher的版本是1.2.2

According to Installation Guide (Windows), I've seen the license agreement and click on "I Agree", but after that I didn't see the second and third steps mentioned in the post, but went straight to download and install, and couldn't change the installation directory at all, why is that? The system is Win10 and the version of Median XL Launcher is 1.2.2.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Not sure but maybe if your main/admin profile is the only for PC/OS - then at least second step can be skipped. For third step idk.... some Windows settings that force default install for all apps?..
aahz
Team Member
496 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
MXL Launcher 1.2.2 was a hot fix created without full sources so it doesn't have the option to change installation directory (like previous versions had) and automatically installs to %localappdata%\Programs\medianxllauncher
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
seven
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
aahz wrote:MXL Launcher 1.2.2 was a hot fix created without full sources so it doesn't have the option to change installation directory (like previous versions had) and automatically installs to %localappdata%\Programs\medianxllauncher

那如何才能在安装的时候修改安装目录?或者如何才能下载到之前的版本?实在不习惯安装在默认目录……

And how can I change the installation directory during installation? Or how can I download the previous version? I'm not used to installing in the default directory ......
aahz
Team Member
496 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Previous version won't work at all... if install location is so important for you (dunno why - it's just a launcher, not whole game) you can move it manually to your preferred location and it should work normally (just for uninstall you have to either move it back or search in registry and change the path there)
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
seven
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
aahz wrote:Previous version won't work at all... if install location is so important for you (dunno why - it's just a launcher, not whole game) you can move it manually to your preferred location and it should work normally (just for uninstall you have to either move it back or search in registry and change the path there)

不明白为什么,公司的电脑也是win10(版本一样,系统自动更新都有运行),就能够选择安装目录,家里的电脑重装系统之后就不行了,明天我从单位拷贝一份试试,这个问题还有其它的解决办法吗?总觉得是一些我未发现的情况导致了这个问题的发生……

I don't know why, the company's computer is also Win10 (the same version, windows update are running), it is able to select the installation directory, after reinstalling the system of the computer at home, it is not possible, I'll try to copy launcher from company's computer tomorrow. Is there any other solution to this problem? It always seems like something I haven't noticed is causing this problem ......