Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Orr wrote:
iwansquall wrote:Increase drop rate for SP plz (or some charm like hard mode charm).

Or make uberlevel more bias toward their drop.

Try /Players8 Dunc with 500% mf and u will se

My problems usually is stage after easy uber -> grind for mid non ultimative uber.

Reaching decent gear for destruction duncraig / fauzt is usually my problem.
I could clear TA / Act3 sewer easily, but usually took too much time (while eating signet in mean time)

I got bored and rather play other games instead of grinding 10 of hours.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
AndreasKieling wrote:In median you can collect much more items to make cube reagents/signets/gold/whatever. Since i came to midgame i had to decide what i want to collect or to interrupt my run every time something drops to make it stackable before going on, which would take huge amount of time.

Inventory management is a part of every rpg, and I think it's safe to say all the added items was one of the reasons Median's inventory/stash size was increased in the first place, and why muling is allowed on Realm (SP has PlugY, so nn worry about limited storage space there). Muling may break the action a bit, but it doesn't take long. And if you're having to start a new game to refarm a spot anyway, might as well take 30 seconds to offload some of your spare stuff on a mule.

AndreasKieling wrote:If 99,99% of all SU are not in your need in any case, farming for the 0,01% is not viable too. Now if there would be the gamble option (which is also not really viable) you have a slightly higher chance to get it using farming and gambling together.
This would not eliminate anything. Did it kill farming in d2?

TBH, I feel your pain (need only SU Gothic Shield for a setup I wanna test, but still no luck). It sucks when you can't find that one specific item in a sea of drops, but I don't think gambling SUs is the solution. It would be boring af and just being able to gamble SUs would kinda diminish their value, IMO. And besides, there are already plenty of ways to get what you need if you really need it, such trading, Enchanting Crystals (in the case of SUs), or just good ol' %mf.

As with anything, there's always room for improvement, but part of the challenge/fun of Median is finding ways to overcome/work around obstacles. Inventory management and rng are just part of the challenge. :)
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I would say that an ''auction house'' for selling items automatically (even offline) would be amazing. Hopefully not for buying with TG :/ So you could simply put the items overnight and people buy them when u sleeping.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Okay Andreas, first of all, since you didn't seem to have read about it in other threads: Once sigma is release, all ID scrolls and cain become useless since all items drop identified. Poor cain.
Same goes for tp scrolls and tomes. Instead of scrolls, you will have a timered skill that opens the tp now.

To sum it up: There won't be a charm that automatically identifies all items and creates tps, because there will be solutions in sigma. And cain will die of loneliness.

The next thing I have to point out: You're wrong about the clod players not using charms. I still remember my bone nec who had 6 grand charms with +1 to poison and bone skills. Those additional +6 skills were so important on my nec, which I used for pve, that my killspeed felt lame once I put the in my stash. Trust me, even in clod people used charms all the time, sometimes even to the point where you can't pick anything up without opening your inventory. Yes you were able to get through everything without it. But why would you waste potential? Makes no sense. Ofc you're trying to make your gear perfect and get the max out of your char.

Third point I want to talk about: Sacred items are something special and they always have been. Do you know why sacred items can't be gambled? Because they are something special! And they are special because you CAN'T simply get them from merchants.

Think about it this way: You can do some ubers with only wearing tiered gear. So getting T6 gear is basically the start of the midgame. It should be available for everyone to get some base items/charms easily. Sacred items however should be earned. Imho I already find it ridiculous that you can get your first sets by killing grisworld in terror. That is 1) way too early and 2) way too monotonous and 3) simply bad because you can get access to quite strong gear really easily. But this game is about challenges. So I simply don't use those grisworlds runs because I want to put some effort into my gear.
Anyway, only sacred items can be the peak of the best of the bestest gear. So it makes no sense getting them from a merchant. Don't let this mod evolve into diablo 3. And most builds don't even require SU, SSU or SSSU to become a viable farming build. All you need is %DR and you can get at least 30% with rune words only. Once I hit 120 I usually do some tcow runs or tdunc runs to get some basic sacred items and BAM lots of armor, lots of DR. ready to farm TA or sometimes even dunc.
What I'm trying to say is: the possibility to progress to the point where you can farm regularly is given. Sometimes rune words are even the better option. (in case of
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
Runeword Level: 83
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
for example, I often can't find a better option anyway. 16 K def + 16% DR if you're lucky on 1 armor + I can customize my armor with jewels? Perfect!)
But sacred uniques should stay the way they are (they need to be found) because if you give players the option to simply buy the items they need, the game will become boring because you don't have that "OH FUCK YES" moment when it drops.

One of the few problems with this mod right now is that there are too many trash SU's. BUT if you had read the announcements you'd know that there will be a unique overhaul. So once this overhaul is added to the game, you'll have many more options and don't require that 1 SU that you'll never find in your life. Just be patient and you'll see it makes no sense to be able to buy sacred items by simply gambling.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Sigh.
AndreasKieling
Prowler
19 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Did you guys even read what i wrote? Omg, you act as i would suggest to add su´s to basic vendor items -.-
Lol i never said, that you have just to buy su at vendor. I said that su should be gambled with low ratio. Well ofc you can run terror ubers to get gold to gamble su, yes. But it would be easier to just play the game until you can farm tran athulua or something like that.

I dont accept that sacred items are endgame stuff, cause they just aren´t. I played this mod two months ago the first time, after the first day i was in terror with full t6. second day 120 and dest. on third day farmed already ta on dest and got my first sacred uniques. sacred uniques, sets, sacred items in general are basic game content.

Well ok, they seem to do already a upgrade to erase these tomes. This proves, that im not the only one who would like to get more space in inventory and a smoother gameplay. Good, just simply remove the locked status of chests. Use same argumentation for this like for tomes.

In clod you can get the total endgame rare items by gambling. You can gamble an rare amulet which could be worth few thousand fg, which is like many full equipped endgame characters. The possibility is there, always, with low ratio ofc, but it is there. Does it change the whole clod gameplay, cause everyone is now visiting gheed? No. So why you think it would totally ruin median? THIS does not make sense.
Gambling just give you the possibility to do "magic find runs" on a specific item base, and maybe you get the jackpot, but only in clod, not in median.
Median gambling is like a reality gamble with 10 euro start and 20 euro jackpot, that is why i suggest an upgrade.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
AndreasKieling wrote:In clod you can get the total endgame rare items by gambling. You can gamble an rare amulet which could be worth few thousand fg, which is like many full equipped endgame characters. The possibility is there, always, with low ratio ofc, but it is there. Does it change the whole clod gameplay, cause everyone is now visiting gheed? No. So why you think it would totally ruin median? THIS does not make sense.

Prime_Evil wrote:Gambling for SUs would completely eliminate the need to farm specific drop biased areas like Duncraig for sacred items (even with extremly low ratios of gambled item being sacred unique), meaning you'd only need to run IOTSS for gold over and over.

In regards to SUs , Duncraig is the best place to farm them because of the bias. If SUs were gamblable, Duncraig would only be there for assur charm + trophy. Everyone would run IOTSS for gold to gamble even if its a low ratio, trust me there's a lot of people who would spend HOURS gambling just fishing for SUs. And by a lot of people i mean quite a lot not just your 10 "median veterans", sometimes teams of players that will dedicate a whole day into grinding gold at IOTSS for gambling. Economy already takes nosedives pretty quickly. If you could gamble SUs , market would be even more oversaturated with decent/good items selling for pretty inexpensive tg while the ladder is still young which equals to people getting bored fairly quickly (sig'ing Mr. Painless and Sky Spirit lul) . Granted , SUs arent the only endgame gear , there's crafts and certain rares if rng is generous with stats and whatnot but quite a lot of BiS gear are SUs (segnitia, yaggai's , etc) for the most part , especially now that shrines dont drop as often and you cant cheese eternal ghosts for them.
AndreasKieling
Prowler
19 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Still no argument here. Well ofc in clod they are farming normal countess for low runes to cube them up to zod, even if they need millions of low runes and it is not worthy in any point, but ofc "there's a lot of people who would spend HOURS" to do that.

To get a character which can farm dunc is not a high task. Farming dunc would still be more viable, because you find 1-10 su´s per run + side drop.

But ok, you guys dont like gamble, i get it. I should rather suggest to remove gamble completely from the game, because it is crap until now. We cant upgrade it cause it would leads the players to stuck at IOTSS for the rest of their lives and duncraig would be the cave of loneliness for deckhart cain.
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
AndreasKieling wrote:Still no argument here. Well ofc in clod they are farming normal countess for low runes to cube them up to zod, even if they need millions of low runes and it is not worthy in any point, but ofc "there's a lot of people who would spend HOURS" to do that.

To get a character which can farm dunc is not a high task. Farming dunc would still be more viable, because you find 1-10 su´s per run + side drop.

But ok, you guys dont like gamble, i get it. I should rather suggest to remove gamble completely from the game, because it is crap until now. We cant upgrade it cause it would leads the players to stuck at IOTSS for the rest of their lives and duncraig would be the cave of loneliness for deckhart cain.

I think you're wrong and you don't really need to be ironic, Prime Evil explained everything in his last post.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
fun game is fun. can't please everyone who would rather buy (not speaking towards gambling in-game) charms and items than play the game itself and experience the challenges and how to overcome difficulties of building a character.

Gambling is part of the game, but it's fine as is. People use it frequently for jewelry gambling (hence why this chaos ladder made the prices 10x for rings/amulets). You can set d2clicker to gamble for you. There's not a real reason to try to incorporate an entire function for "fill inventory with amulets."