Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
BrecMadak
Sasquatch
65 | 2
The idea is coming from a person that hasn't played Median XL for almost a year but still want to contribute. So be warned guys, the terms and values used below may sound to some ears pretty outdated or too harsh/light.

Anyway, the goal is to bring tension, increase replayability and immersion more than ever rather than increasing the difficulty by numbers for the sake of it.
Bring the world tendency feature from Demon's Souls with a bit of twist as follows;

World Tendencies
- Gradually will be increasing within 3 levels of its state.
- Tendencies will bring debuffs/buffs to a player and monsters.
- To shift towards to the default world aka Neutral World Tendency, there is a X% chance of a doppelganger of your character to only appear while you are in a fight with huge amounts of monsters.
- The doppelganger will dissapear if you run away from it continuously about 2-3 screens off and appearance of it again will be dramatically lowered for the next time. If you escape to town, it will have a full HP and if you escape for the second time the doppelganger will dissapear as well. Here is the fun part -> each skipping will decrease the chance of a next one to show up and you will continue suffering from the world tendency you are held in so you better the earlier start fighting and try to win your mirror !

Doppelganger (DWT): +15% curse resistance. All resists +10%. Moderate HP regeneration.
Doppelganger (BWT): +30% curse resistance. All resists +20% (Includes DR and MR). Considerably HP regeneration.
Doppelganger (PBWT): Cannot be frozen. +45% curse resistance. All resists +30% (Includes DR and MR). Extreme HP regeneration. Unsummons (if aggroed by)

Doppelganger Facts
- Doppelgangers in all world tendencies spawn as Extra Strong, Extra Fast and Cursed.
- On each death light radius of the player is reduced accordingly and the world gets darker just as 'The Tainted Sun' quest starts.
- When your doppelganger dies, apart from its loot, shifts your World Tendency and Character Tendency towards default aka Neutral World Tendency.
- Once you clear an act of its super unique monster, you are safe from invasion

- Each death of the player will modify monster in various ways, as listed below;

Neutral World Tendency
The default world tendency of Sigma. No debuffs/buffs occur in the world other than its default setting.

Dark World Tendency
Monsters will moderately be more on alert, slight HP regeneration and slight more spawn rate. All monsters +15% HP. Monster skill levels +2.
Very slightly better chance of getting magic items.

Black World Tendency
Monsters will considerably be more on alert, moderate HP regeneration, 'Prevent Monster Heal' doesn't work and moderate spawn rate. All monsters +30% HP. All regular monsters have a 50% chance of spawning as 'minions'. Monster skill levels +4. Slightly better chance of getting magic items.

Pure Black World Tendency
Monsters will extremely be more on alert, considerable HP regeneration, 'Prevent Monster Heal' doesn't work and considerable spawn rate. All monsters +45% HP. All regular monsters will spawn as 'minions', all minion monsters have 10% chance of spawning as either a Champion, Berserker, Fanatic, Ghostly or Possessed. Monster skill levels +6. Cannot be frozen. +25% curse resistance. Moderately better chance of getting magic items.

All values are very rough and estimate numbers to relate each other therefore very likely subject to change.
I know it may sound crazy, but It's fairly reasonable and fun as well if you consider implementing them, even partly.

That's all I can think for a man coming from a very far away road so take it with a grain of salt!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
^

This is actually not a bad idea if it could be implemented. Good thinking there.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
BrecMadak

Please apply a normal font size to your text, ty.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Stealthmaster wrote:BrecMadak

Please apply a normal font size to your text, ty.

It's 1pt smaller than normal font, though..
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I wouldn't mind trying the "World Tendencies" Idea, but I probably wouldn't want it for more than a ladder. Inconsistent monster difficulty and varying MF at certain times of the day would be something that might not match up to your IRL schedule.

I could read the text fine, and my eyes are pretty bad.
SpamBomb
Monkey King
257 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
give blood hatred an animation that shows how charged up it is like druids feral rage orb or sins charge orbs from clod

idk if this is possible but it would be helpful for new players to add a NPC that explains ubers for the current act you are in the npc could appear as the same person in each act just having different things he/she/it talks about in each different act explaining different ubers i know one of the goals is to move away from having new people check docs for every little thing i personally think this could be a good step towards that if its possible
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Prime_Evil wrote:^

This is actually not a bad idea if it could be implemented. Good thinking there.

except that it's impossible to add the doppelganger
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
My personal thought on the current state of Necromancer Summoner buid;

I have played the MXL summoner off and on for a few years, and I did/ do like how different they are from CLoD, but now more than ever, I miss the Necroskeletons.

With the current variety of summons, and their relatively low tanking ability, it's such a huge pain in the ass to skillswitch summon to keep the numbers capped. I think it was smart, for the most part, to make their damage relying mostly on elemental damage, but the pathetic base physical damage they have make stacking minion damage sort of ineffective. And variety is nice, but honestly, I would rather just have fewer stronger minions nowadays. And not just that: I've grown to dislike their textures/ mesh. Lamia, Void, and Veil are ok enough, but Rampager and Shadows are somewhat lower quality (and why does Rampager only deal poison? He looks like he should be a physical brick shithouse).

But the skeletons looked really good imo.

If this were my mod, I would have 7-8 Skeleton Warriors, maybe a very small number (1-2) of Immortal Skeletal Mages which carry an active debuff, and you don't need to worry about re-summoning them, and the Veil King or similar.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Heathen wrote:My personal thought on the current state of Necromancer Summoner buid;

I have played the MXL summoner off and on for a few years, and I did/ do like how different they are from CLoD, but now more than ever, I miss the Necroskeletons.

With the current variety of summons, and their relatively low tanking ability, it's such a huge pain in the ass to skillswitch summon to keep the numbers capped. I think it was smart, for the most part, to make their damage relying mostly on elemental damage, but the pathetic base physical damage they have make stacking minion damage sort of ineffective. And variety is nice, but honestly, I would rather just have fewer stronger minions nowadays. And not just that: I've grown to dislike their textures/ mesh. Lamia, Void, and Veil are ok enough, but Rampager and Shadows are somewhat lower quality (and why does Rampager only deal poison? He looks like he should be a physical brick shithouse).

But the skeletons looked really good imo.

If this were my mod, I would have 7-8 Skeleton Warriors, maybe a very small number (1-2) of Immortal Skeletal Mages which carry an active debuff, and you don't need to worry about re-summoning them, and the Veil King or similar.

tbh idc what the summons look like as long as they fulfill their purpose^^ The only important part is to be able to recognize which minion is which type from the outlines only. And that is the case right now.

tbh I don't know what elemental damage you're talking about, because all of the necromancer summons have only physical damage (except for rampagors who have poison damage and VK, who can 1-hit anyone with psn dmg as well). Or were you talking about the totems?

What makes stacking minions ineffective is the following: the more minions there are, the more the damage of the minions is divided. BUT the total damage per second all minions together have stays the same the more/less enemies there are. It's basically like a single target skill. which is less effective the more enemies there are but at the same time it is like an AoE skill which is less effective the more enemies there are. That's why some AoE for those minions is really needed since there's a huge monster density in MXL

I think for a totemancer it's nice to have many minions, because that way the chance that 1 missile occasionally reaches you is really really low. But for a pure summoner it sucks ofc. So giving necro less, but stronger minions would basically nerf totemancer. I can't really say that I'm fond of that idea since I enjoy playing totemancer :lol:

every minion indeed has its purpose. Shadows= life%+lifegain+elemental damage aura = perfect for use with totems. Lamia= stacking damage the more minions that attack the same target (basically only usefull in not-so-crowded areas). VA= DR aura+ slower Ias of enemies+ a small AoE. So what is left? Taking out enemies really fast and with a high chance of really killing them with 1 blow. How does median does that in basically all cases? Poison damage (it's also needed since this is the only source of damage other than physical for pure summoners). Since VK is useless in most ubers you basically have to let rampagors stay, even though it doesn't really fit the animation. BUT that animation has its ups. It seems like the hitbox of those rampagors are really big, which is really needed since the rampagors have huge amounts of life. They can block lots of damage for you. So if they shall get a different animation they should get another one with a big hitbox.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
If you're going to discuss the stacking of minions, that's more of what makes a high-density summoner the main problem. The minions don't all spread out upon teleporting with them. Only a few pop out at a time. You'll see what I mean if you get a high number of summons, especially with Goetia and Ghal Nec Staff. Otherwise, I don't think the damage output in larger areas would be as much of an issue for pure summoner.

It's perfect for totemancer in this case since you have ranged attacks and the minions don't need to spread out to deal damage (in fact its better that they dont because they protect you). But for pure summoner, you either need to add in ranged attacks for the summons or they need to be able to all spread at the same time upon teleporting, so that way, they can go attack enemies instead of only really being able to focus fire on ones that crowd you.