Fire Paladin - Unholy Caster Guide[1.3]

sorrow
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
skilzorz wrote:
sorrow wrote:Rolling for brimstone might not be problem. The real prob maybe get through FCR breakpoint T.T

Im not asking about just a good brimstone roll though, but rather the damage. Multivariable input for final damage output. What is a good range for damage, and the sort of top or awesome level of damage?

Things (variables) to consider when calculate damage output (brimstone, apocalypse, flamestrike, pentagram or any oskill):
- Good roll.
- Get your +all skill as high as posible
- Get your +fire damage (or any dmg type respectively) as high as posible
- Fire pierce: Breakpoint: 135% for mobs, 175% for boss (in Destruction)
- FCR: 194% breakpoint in superbeast morph

This is based on my character follow to this build. Am I missing something? Feel free to correct me.

And lastly, a sincerely thank to ScarletEdge for this build. Very fun and effective for beginer like me. Cheer!
skilzorz
Acid Prince
49 | 1
sorrow wrote:
skilzorz wrote:
sorrow wrote:Rolling for brimstone might not be problem. The real prob maybe get through FCR breakpoint T.T

Im not asking about just a good brimstone roll though, but rather the damage. Multivariable input for final damage output. What is a good range for damage, and the sort of top or awesome level of damage?

Things (variables) to consider when calculate damage output (brimstone, apocalypse, flamestrike, pentagram or any oskill):
- Good roll.
- Get your +all skill as high as posible
- Get your +fire damage (or any dmg type respectively) as high as posible
- Fire pierce: Breakpoint: 135% for mobs, 175% for boss (in Destruction)
- FCR: 194% breakpoint in superbeast morph

This is based on my character follow to this build. Am I missing something? Feel free to correct me.

And lastly, a sincerely thank to ScarletEdge for this build. Very fun and effective for beginer like me. Cheer!

Thanks. Answer appreciated but again really not answering my question. I know what the variables are. Im looking for estimates (for example 9k - 13k midgame, 15k-20k endgame) estimates of what is considered good or not. What is a reasonable damage output considering all variables mentioned above, not a listing of what the variables are.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
im not familiar with brimstone as much, but stuff like flamestrike and ring of light (both fire skills that hit a ton of times per second which gives you your full fire dps, instead of dmg per hit) can reach 120-150k endgame with a bit of dedicated gear and jewels. I assume brimstone will be in a similar range. aim for 100k fire damage per second, I'd say.
sorrow
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I dont know how to calculate DPS in Diablo 2. This game is a little bit old for me. I dont trust the number showed in character tab. It says about 2k2 but I think the real DPS is more than that.

So I will give you my input: 388% fire dmg, 146% fire pirece, level 50 flamestrike (I dont remember exactly. Will check later)
What I can do with this input: I can take most of charm easily, farm in jungle and teganze kind of fast and can farm with mathael and imperius in judmentday since I can burst them in a musical note.

Thank Aero for the number. I agree with you that Flamestrike is much better than brimstone in term of DPS.
lame111
Fallen
1 | 0
just started with this build in median xl since it say "beginner friendly" no twink and all that stuff

im right now 120 and got some fasc. shrine crafts not to much yet since i only found 3 shrines.
i have right now 224% fire dmg and 70% pierce and my brimstone is lvl 32

so im right now at the points where idk what to do i cant farm t cows since i die with like 3 hits and also i dont have dmg
and yea basicly i cant farm anything without dieing like 50 times. for 1 t cow run in need like 25+ mins what am i doin wrong how to get more tanky ?

i have max res 57k def and 10.5k hp
brimstone is 3.5k - 7.9k dmg
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
brimstone is not your main aoe skill. should be apocalypse from crafted boots for mobs and brimstone for single targets.

finish your black road challenge too. the dr is hugely helpful
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
lame111 wrote:just started with this build in median xl since it say "beginner friendly" no twink and all that stuff

im right now 120 and got some fasc. shrine crafts not to much yet since i only found 3 shrines.
i have right now 224% fire dmg and 70% pierce and my brimstone is lvl 32

so im right now at the points where idk what to do i cant farm t cows since i die with like 3 hits and also i dont have dmg
and yea basicly i cant farm anything without dieing like 50 times. for 1 t cow run in need like 25+ mins what am i doin wrong how to get more tanky ?

i have max res 57k def and 10.5k hp
brimstone is 3.5k - 7.9k dmg

I'm also trying this build out - and didn't have the problems you have - and I think that's because you skipped to far ahead with your gear. When I was where you are, I had all the Tiered Uniques from the early game section (Tier 6) except for the shield which is
Sangreal
Sangreal
Paladin Shields

'OhmSol'
Runeword Level: 70
Level 1 Demon Blood Aura
-10% Base Block Chance
25% Attack Speed
40% Hit Recovery
+(10 to 15)% to Summoned Minion Life
+33 Defense
and still using Mind Flay. MO'd everything with +Lightning Spell and FCR. Damage reduction MO's where they'd fit -
Sangreal
Sangreal
Paladin Shields

'OhmSol'
Runeword Level: 70
Level 1 Demon Blood Aura
-10% Base Block Chance
25% Attack Speed
40% Hit Recovery
+(10 to 15)% to Summoned Minion Life
+33 Defense
's Demon Blood Aura is the real winner at this point and really helps to keep the Scourges (and you) alive and tanking. Maxing Tainted Blood and Stormlord is important, +skills on your neck/rings/weapon helps a lot as well. Slayers and Scourges should always be out; Slayers not *as* important to always have out, just don't forget you have them! With this gear I was able to hop into Destruction and do Act 1 and 2 with ease and got the Dark Tomb and jumped back to Terror to finish my Black Road challenge (big buff to survival), where I'll remain to farm Learning Signets. 57k Def is about half of what I had at that point, 8k life was more than enough. No points into Vitality at this point. MXL can take a while to get used to - like equipping a shield with -10% block chance - and the synergies are hard to spot/understand at first and are usually far more powerful than you first would have thought.

@ScarletEdge I've followed a fair number of guides over the years, with varying success, but this build feels very good. Thanks for your time and effort!
skilzorz
Acid Prince
49 | 1
sorrow wrote:So I will give you my input: 388% fire dmg, 146% fire pirece, level 50 flamestrike (I dont remember exactly. Will check later)

Ok. This is more what I was looking for, thanks! Im currently at 245 damage and 94 pierce, so I have a sense of how far I have to go! Current brimstone lvl is 53 showing 6-13 k on the char screen. No idea about actual DPS
nauds
Fallen
1 | 0
Great guide, thank you!

One question, how are you able to put points in Euphoria? It grays that tree out for me.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
You propably have points in Light Influence tree? You can only choose Light or Shadow.