Xbow Necromancer

Graven
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Guys, where is the best place to farm\leveling xbow necro from 120 till 125? Teganze is very boring, Duncraig - dunno how to without best gear.
10x in advance.
GsusXL
Acid Prince
45 | 2
I did it in duncraig. 120-125 is tough leveling, though.

If you play multiplayer, try to find groups doing it.
Graven
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
GsusXL wrote:I did it in duncraig. 120-125 is tough leveling, though.

If you play multiplayer, try to find groups doing it.

Thx, will try Duncraig
ruhtra
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
I play solo, and it's my first build on Median. I just hit 120 recently and I don't find Duncraig so hard. Of course, few death due to tp in the middle of monsters, but I just gathered gear on the way, no trade obviously. Will post my equipment later, but I am around 25K AR, 10K dmg, 175K def.
I play most of the time without merc also.
The archon aura helps you see where are the monsters over the wall sometimes, so you aim an empty space.
For tp, I summon (only case I do, if not I am mostly going solo), buff (bloodlust + burning veil), tp and insta cast 2-3 widowmaker, then start moving if I can, to avoid the incoming exploding barrels. Once this is passed, the life leech (70%) is enough for me to survive the swarm.
Graven
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
ruhtra wrote:I play solo, and it's my first build on Median. I just hit 120 recently and I don't find Duncraig so hard. Of course, few death due to tp in the middle of monsters, but I just gathered gear on the way, no trade obviously. Will post my equipment later, but I am around 25K AR, 10K dmg, 175K def.
I play most of the time without merc also.
The archon aura helps you see where are the monsters over the wall sometimes, so you aim an empty space.
For tp, I summon (only case I do, if not I am mostly going solo), buff (bloodlust + burning veil), tp and insta cast 2-3 widowmaker, then start moving if I can, to avoid the incoming exploding barrels. Once this is passed, the life leech (70%) is enough for me to survive the swarm.

Ehhh, got too small dmg and AR. And def too, hehe. How to show my equip for some correctness from the pro-players?
ruhtra
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
It helped a lot to MO all my equipment to my lvl, and to craft jewel for my equipment. For example I MOed all my ring and amulet and quiver with resist / dmg reduction. Most of my crafted jewel are on a Ber base, and I am looking at 2% Life leach everytime + AR / AS / % strength.
Also, in stats, I have 200 points in dext, and the rest in Strength (plus around 120 points from signets).
For the weapon, I try to improve my craft everytime I have new shrine (creepy, weird and intimidating).

Here is what I look for when I craft an xbow :

25+ to all Attributes (up to 40)
    50+ to Strength (up to 100)
    20%+ to Strength (up to 25%)
    150%+ Bonus to Attack Rating (up to 300%)
    200+ to Maximum Damage (up to 375)
    Ctc Time Strike, Shower of Rocks, ATMG Sentry, Knife Throw

20%+ Slow Target (up to 30%)
    4+ to Necromancer Skill Levels (up to 5)
    100%+ Enhanced Damage (up to 200%)
    10%+ Life stolen per Hit
    (up to 15%)
    40%+ Magic Find (up to 60%)
    10%+ Mana stolen per Hit (up to 15%)
    40%+ Attack Speed (up to 50%)

In yellow bold are for me the most important to look for. I want at least 3 from that list (including 2 from the bold), in addition to the properties given by the shrine.
Of course, you need to see what you are lacking in your build.
The MF is secondary, but I still include it for information. Before 120, I was farming everything with a
Lilith's Temptation
Lilith's Temptation
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3680 - 4089) to (4031 - 4479)
Required Level: 100
Item Level: 105
3% Chance to cast level 2 Time Strike on Striking
+(170 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
-100 to Life
(60 to 100)% Magic Find
Requirements -100%
Socketed (2)
that rolled 100% MF, that I jeweled with more MF. For post 120, I came back to
Deadfall
Deadfall
Heavy Belt (4)

Defense: (135 - 159) to (178 - 210)
Required Level: 7
Required Strength: 36
Item Level: 19
2% Chance to cast level 2 Shower of Rocks on Kill
1% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(24 to 46)% Enhanced Defense
+(16 to 25) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(11 to 15)%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (485 - 551) to (616 - 700)
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 62
Item Level: 36
2% Chance to cast level 4 Shower of Rocks on Kill
2% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(69 to 92)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 45) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1270 - 1400) to (1595 - 1758)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 218
Item Level: 51
2% Chance to cast level 8 Shower of Rocks on Kill
3% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(115 to 137)% Enhanced Defense
+(56 to 65) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1918 - 2095) to (2403 - 2626)
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 436
Item Level: 85
2% Chance to cast level 12 Shower of Rocks on Kill
4% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(138 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
+(66 to 75) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(36 to 40)%
Socketed (2)
Edited by ruhtra 5 years.
Graven
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
There is my xbow
ruhtra
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Yeah, here is one of your issue, this lacks dmg big way. First of all, instead of socketing with mana regen / MF, you need to fill it with jah runes, for enhanced dmg.
Second, you should try to craft your crossbow, looking for those stats I listed earlier. You can easily get a weapon with 350-600 dmg if you get a decent craft, with MOs and Jahs. You should see the difference then. The elemental damages on the weapon don't add much, so no need to look for them.

I encourage you to check the breakpoints for IAS listed in the guide, to see if you need that much AS on you weapon. There is no need to get more than the breakpoint except if you can reach the next one. Meaning that having 250 IAS or 180 doesn't change anything.

You can farm Kurast 3000BA to collect shrines, signets and crystals (to craft jewels), until your equipment is strong enough for Dunc.
Also, check the list of dungeons, rifts and challenges to make sure that you have all the rewards pre 120, and that they rolled decently. What I did while leveling to 120 is I listed all the charms I had, picked the ones I could improve the most, and ran those ubers several time until I get better rolls.
Edited by ruhtra 5 years.
GsusXL
Acid Prince
45 | 2
You kinda destroyed this poor xbow :beg:
Sockets should always be filled with Jah runes. And make sure to lucky and MO it to 200 ed first! Than MO another 250% AR. Rest is whatever you‘re missing.
Graven
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
GsusXL wrote:You kinda destroyed this poor xbow :beg:
Sockets should always be filled with Jah runes. And make sure to lucky and MO it to 200 ed first! Than MO another 250% AR. Rest is whatever you‘re missing.

There is no problem to reroll via offline tools (I'm soloing), but thank you so much for help.