Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
one more thing, I am in sp so is it going to take forever to farm the specific sacreds? im kind of new to mxl but it seems like it might take a while to find a specific item. are there any subsitutes for the SU's in your midgame gear section with crafts/RW's?
YummyTaters
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Hey guys. First time playing MXL and am following this guide. I'm looking for some tips on where to go after level 120. So far I've made it to killing Izzy in Destruction. I've completed the mini games and monster tokens and of course the 3 level challenges.

Here are my stats and skills taken in Terror. I have 11/11 in Superbeast as well.

*note since I took the pic I socketed my armor to max out my resists.

I thought I'd try the Black Road challenge but at Terror Fauztinville I keep dying way too much, even in the area before it. So far I have a T6 Amok bow, T6 Kamon, T6 Halo, T4 Kali Gloves, T6 Deadfall, T6 Lionpaw, Cindercone Arrows, +1 Skill rings and +2 Skill / ctc Doom ammy like the guide suggests. I think I should upgrade the gloves and maybe a try a new bow but what kind of jewels do I use? Any tips on where to farm and craft them? Should I be farming for sacred items somewhere else instead?

So any tips? Am I undergeared or just really bad at this game?
Monkey King
264 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Use every single shrine you find on a Sacred Short War Bow and get yourself a nice tantrum bow with a proc.
If you don't have a sacred short war bow, get it from any random mob in destruction/late terror.

Get locust hive or hanabigami instead of cindercone, arcane crystals are easy to farm from act bosses.

Get Empyrean Bands with the arcane crystals you farm

Replace Lionpaw with Nih runeword boots like the guide suggests.

There aren't many good glove upgrades early, so don't worry about those.

Jewels as suggested in the guide: fhr till breakpoint, then 2% bonus to vit/flat life/mf/frw are always good. You can get normal jewels from k3k normal/terror, upgrade them to rare then reroll (preferrably using dest act2 dragon eggs to ensure high enough item level) until you get desired stats.

You should be able to complete some easier uberquests with your current gear upgraded like mentioned above.

Edit: If you haven't farmed 500 sigs yet then you could do that as well. Dest Nihlathak is the best one to farm, he drops 2 uniques for you to get arcane crystals from and occasionally a SU.
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
shnurr214 wrote:cool should i attempt to do all the ubers in that section before starting sewers or just start sewers straight away? i have done all of the basic and easy ubers at this point and am starting the tricky ones all i have done os far is the quov tsin one "that honorific tip was super awesome btw."

btw i was having some defensive problems so i swapped out deadfall and jitans for a truce plated sacred belt and an erawan RW chest in a sacred gothic plate. I have to swap in the jitans for some situations which need a lot more dps like when i did rathma square. Now that I have some charms I have been testing the Jitans again and im tanky enough that its okay to reequip it. what are other good ways to get defenses? the helm is insane for dps but it sucks defensively and i still feel a bit squishy at times. thanks in advance

The early game gear set is sufficient to do up to, and including 28, + yshari. The others are also doable but require crafting the Dragonheart chest to beef up defence and run through (vizjun + ureh). Only kabraxis is kind of hard without the hellfire plate.

Re: defensive problems. You are most likely playing the character wrong, the early game gear gives ~220k def which is sufficient for nearly everything (apart from dunc + fauzt). You are not meant to stay in one place, spam tantrum and tank mobs.

Take a look at the early gameplay video and pay attention to how my character moves. You approach a pack of monsters -> Just before you collide you spam a few tantrums -> at the moment they are about to reach you , you take a few steps back/sideways -> mobs enter tantrum with you out of reach and die without dealing damage. As you can see I'm always following this little "forwards - backwards" dance when fighting hard hitting mobs (i.e. take a look at duncraig, triune & fauzt and how i'm always mobile in TA). As you get better at controlling the character this will also fix your survivability issues.

shnurr214 wrote:one more thing, I am in sp so is it going to take forever to farm the specific sacreds? im kind of new to mxl but it seems like it might take a while to find a specific item. are there any subsitutes for the SU's in your midgame gear section with crafts/RW's?

Those SUs that are listed in the midgame gear are of the "easiest to find" tier. I would not have listed them otherwise. Especially with the generous unique drops in single player, they will be easily obtainable after you collect the other items first and then do some Duncraig farming.

YummyTaters wrote:So any tips? Am I undergeared or just really bad at this game?

This is why I suggest doing BRC at lvl115 while you can still make use of your character orb for that extra amount of defence. Don't worry however, read what Mr. Binary posted and make sure to follow the guide word for word for everything, it seems like you have skipped some parts. There is nothing you should improvise with when you are just starting out. Everyone was bad to begin with :)
YummyTaters
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Thanks for the tips both of you guys. I think I'll put this guy on hold for a little. I don't really have the dexterity for the stutter-stepping gameplay of this build.

One question, when you guys are referring to farming "sewers" it's no the ones with Radamant in it, at the start of act 2 is it?
Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nope, it's the Unformed Land uberlevel located in act 3 in Sewers Level 1.

Check it out here: http://docs.median-xl.com/MXLU_vXVc_Doc_v2.94/levelubers.html#unformed
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
thanks suchbalance good tips for helping! ill farm t fauzt now to get my bow crafted right :D
YummyTaters
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Q about crafting a bow. Do I need to start with a dropped rare bow or can I use a magic, or upgrade a magic to rare?
Monkey King
264 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Doesn't have to be a dropped rare, you can upgrade and then craft. Make sure the ilvl is high enough though.
Milkakuh02
Stone Warrior
32 | 9
Thank you very much for this guide. Till now i was able to do all Uberquests in the row and iam now attempting Triune. The mobs there arent a problem and i am positive to get the charm sooner or later.
(stupid -light cycles though)

I did only use the early game items except forJitans Kamon. After getting some charms, I was having some problems so i decided to get Dragonheart RW. With this you get almost double the Armor (170k-300k) but you are still killing everything fast enough imo. It helped me alot since farming those Fire runes is pretty boring and this will help you out alot.

I had more troubles at the start, since i did not prebuff with a staff. I thought only the duration will change and buffing every 5 minutes is not that big of a deal :D. Maybe you can clarify this in your guide.

The only annoying thing is that i cant farm toraja very well. I guess for the later Uberquests i need that rune. I can only kill one by one since the edyrems die so fast and our range is short. Anyone got any tipps?

And why do we want arrow over knife in the bow?
Edited by Milkakuh02 8 years.