Melee Sorceress [1.3]

enric1010
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:Glat you're enjoying it.

As far as Warp Blades, you can gamble them starting at clvl 17 (or maybe clvl 15). In the mean time, you can melee just fine using a Sorc Orb. Otherwise, you can stay a caster until you get a Warp Blade.

Edit:
Also, use the
Shark
Shark
Weapons
Except Necromancer Daggers, Assassin Claws

'Eld'
Runeword Level: 8
5% Chance to cast level 9 Bloodlust on Kill
+(7 to 9)% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
20% Attack Speed
+5 to Maximum Damage
+0.125 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
1.5% Bonus to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
+(24 to 35)% Enhanced Damage
-1 to Mana
RW as your weapon of choice until you can get a TU Warp Blade. And the armor that Griswold drops will be fine until you get your TU Ceremonial Armor.

What are TU's? Im new to all this lingo xD
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
Vaeldoom wrote:so two quick questions.
1: when going through normal a5 into hell what piece would you reccomend to boost resistances? (i figured gloves but cant make honorific before you can get the mark)
2: have you thought of using lightning as one of the two elemental tree's for its avoide damage and then dex into energy?

loving the build so far btw, just seem to have an issue with res in the early game

Mark of Infusion drops on any difficulty from Shenk in A5 meaning you can make some honorific gloves and put all res on them. You an also use Perfect gems to boost your res. That is what I did to max res all the way through Hell then once I started getting res from other sources I would drop the res gem and replace it with an amethyst.

Not sure on number 2.

enric1010 wrote:
Solfege wrote:Glat you're enjoying it.

As far as Warp Blades, you can gamble them starting at clvl 17 (or maybe clvl 15). In the mean time, you can melee just fine using a Sorc Orb. Otherwise, you can stay a caster until you get a Warp Blade.

Edit:
Also, use the
Shark
Shark
Weapons
Except Necromancer Daggers, Assassin Claws

'Eld'
Runeword Level: 8
5% Chance to cast level 9 Bloodlust on Kill
+(7 to 9)% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
20% Attack Speed
+5 to Maximum Damage
+0.125 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
1.5% Bonus to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
+(24 to 35)% Enhanced Damage
-1 to Mana
RW as your weapon of choice until you can get a TU Warp Blade. And the armor that Griswold drops will be fine until you get your TU Ceremonial Armor.

What are TU's? Im new to all this lingo xD

TU = Tiered Unique. Refers to the normal unique items the number in brackets represents its tier.
kurs_x5
Cultist
23 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Question, is ok if instead of putting points to Fusillade, I put them on Bladestorm? I've seen Fusillade and I really didn't like it
Fenrils
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
kurs_x5 wrote:Question, is ok if instead of putting points to Fusillade, I put them on Bladestorm? I've seen Fusillade and I really didn't like it

Fusillade is a huge part of our single target. Adding points to Bladestorm doesn't do much overall outside of increasing the mana cost, which is already hard enough to sustain.

Outside of this, anyone here have an example of a well crafted warp blade? I have one that's pretty decent with an alright proc but I was curious was the "goal" craft would look like.
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
I would think balefire would be a prefered proc. That alongside a good amount of +min/max damage, ED, and maybe some DS as well. That would probably be ideal. Plus low level requirement (I think 90 is the lowest?).
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
defekter wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for this great guide.

Currently 115 with a few setpieces.

But am wondering what you would suggest for belt gloves and boots.

About to put a bunch of points into firedance so I'll check back in after the 115 bosses

Tbh, not sure yet. Normally, I'd say Abandoned-craft Leather Gloves, but w/o the double MO effect, idk if crafts are even any good anymore.

For belts, probably still Vith RW if you need more Phys Res, or stick with Wormtongue or Deadfall.

Gloves+Belt from another Set may also be a good option. I'll have to read through the Set list and see if there are any good partial Set bonuses.

Boots should be Melee Sorc Set boots, though. TUs have been performing surprisingly well for me, so for the initial guide update, I think I'm just gonna recommend going TUs -> farming K3K -> Set. I'll go back and do more RW testing later.

Vaeldoom wrote:so two quick questions.
1: when going through normal a5 into hell what piece would you reccomend to boost resistances? (i figured gloves but cant make honorific before you can get the mark)
2: have you thought of using lightning as one of the two elemental tree's for its avoide damage and then dex into energy?

loving the build so far btw, just seem to have an issue with res in the early game

1. See Waffle's answer.

2. Yes. Last patch, I built both a Poison/Fire and Poison/Lightning Sorc. I prefer Poison/Fire b/c it's more exciting and has higher damage potential. But many people prefer Poison/Lighting b/c it's safer w/o needing to play overly aggressively (which is why I'll often recommend it for new players). A Poison/Lightning build is the same as a Poison/Fire build, except you max Warp Armor rather than Living Flame. Gear is essentially the same.

kurs_x5 wrote:Question, is ok if instead of putting points to Fusillade, I put them on Bladestorm? I've seen Fusillade and I really didn't like it

You can, but I don't recommend putting points into Bladestorm. The Mana cost gets too high for too little benefit. If you wanna play a non-Fusillade build, A Fire/Lightning build using Wraithsword is pretty standard. Mana cost will still be high, but you get slightly more benefit with Base Points into Wraithsword.

Fenrils wrote:Outside of this, anyone here have an example of a well crafted warp blade? I have one that's pretty decent with an alright proc but I was curious was the "goal" craft would look like.

What's your experience been with a crafted Warp Blade, and with crafts in general?

Also, what Waffle said regarding mods to look for on a craft.
Fenrils
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote: What's your experience been with a crafted Warp Blade, and with crafts in general?

I pretty easily crafted a pair of gloves with Stormblast and belt with Disintegrate which are pretty alright but I'll be looking to soon replace them with Rogue Foresight and Dementia, respectively. Probably anyway, still haven't 100% decided on what my next upgrades are as Hammerfist also looks decent when combined with Steel Punisher but I'm not sure how hard we can scale Spiral Dance.

On the Warp Blade, below is about as good as I've been able to end up with but ideally I can roll better damage plus DS or IAS with that proc.

Outside of these, if y'all have not used Dervish of Aranoch, you REALLY should. Since it procs on striking, you have tornadoes pretty much everywhere at all times regardless of your preferred skill so it feels really damn good. Plus the increased movespeed is sublime.
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
Solfege wrote:
defekter wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for this great guide.

Currently 115 with a few setpieces.

But am wondering what you would suggest for belt gloves and boots.

About to put a bunch of points into firedance so I'll check back in after the 115 bosses

Tbh, not sure yet. Normally, I'd say Abandoned-craft Leather Gloves, but w/o the double MO effect, idk if crafts are even any good anymore.

For belts, probably still Vith RW if you need more Phys Res, or stick with Wormtongue or Deadfall.

Gloves+Belt from another Set may also be a good option. I'll have to read through the Set list and see if there are any good partial Set bonuses.

Boots should be Melee Sorc Set boots, though. TUs have been performing surprisingly well for me, so for the initial guide update, I think I'm just gonna recommend going TUs -> farming K3K -> Set. I'll go back and do more RW testing later.

I crafted a pair of leather gloves with stormblast proc and some pretty crappy secondary stats. Don't really notice stormblast doing much atm due to everything usually dieing before the 4% chance to hit. Without double MO the space on the gloves becomes pretty limited.

I am going to give
Visegrip
Visegrip
Light Gauntlets (4)

Defense: 29 to 56
Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 30
Item Level: 10
5% Chance to cast level 5 Crucify on Melee Attack
+(3 to 4) to Maximum Damage
(21 to 50)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(4 to 5)% to Strength
2% to Dexterity
Socketed (1)
Defense: 120 to 176
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 60
Item Level: 31
6% Chance to cast level 10 Crucify on Melee Attack
+(6 to 7) to Maximum Damage
(75 to 100)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(8 to 9)% to Strength
(3 to 4)% to Dexterity
Socketed (2)
Defense: 273 to 381
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 210
Item Level: 51
7% Chance to cast level 19 Crucify on Melee Attack
+(8 to 9) to Maximum Damage
(105 to 125)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(12 to 13)% to Strength
(5 to 7)% to Dexterity
Socketed (3)
Defense: 375 to 522
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 420
Item Level: 77
8% Chance to cast level 30 Crucify on Melee Attack
+(9 to 10) to Maximum Damage
(130 to 150)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(14 to 15)% to Strength
(8 to 10)% to Dexterity
Socketed (4)
and
Toorc's Gift
Toorc's Gift
Chain Gloves (4)

Defense: (26 - 30) to (47 - 54)
Required Level: 5
Required Strength: 28
Item Level: 10
2% Chance to cast level 1 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
5% Attack Speed
Stun Attack
+(12 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(11 to 15)%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (155 - 172) to (211 - 234)
Required Level: 22
Required Strength: 57
Item Level: 31
3% Chance to cast level 2 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
15% Attack Speed
Adds (11 to 15)-(16 to 25) Cold Damage
Stun Attack
+(47 to 63)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (434 - 472) to (573 - 624)
Required Level: 40
Required Strength: 201
Item Level: 51
4% Chance to cast level 3 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
25% Attack Speed
Adds (36 to 45)-(46 to 63) Cold Damage
Stun Attack
+(81 to 97)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (3)
Defense: (657 - 710) to (859 - 928)
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 402
Item Level: 77
5% Chance to cast level 3 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
30% Attack Speed
Adds (81 to 100)-(101 to 125) Cold Damage
Stun Attack
+(98 to 114)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(36 to 40)%
Socketed (4)
a try to see how they fair. I would think better as there is much more space for MOs.

As for gloves+belt from another set. Possibly
Curse of the Zakarum
Curse of the Zakarum
(Zakarum Set)

Bremm's Retribution
Wyand's Perfidy
Geleb's Greed
Maffer's Frenzy

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
Maximum Life +3%
Maximum Fire Resist +4%

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
70% Attack Speed
40% Movement Speed
70% Hit Recovery
(40 to 70)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +20%

Set Bonus with complete set:
+2 to All Skills
+84 Fire Damage
+50% to Fire Spell Damage
-60% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+3 to Path of Flames
+75 to all Attributes

set. Not sure how wolf stance would fit in but may be decent. Gloves give some phys res, a proc, and fire absorb while belt gives another proc, attack speed and max fire res.

Maybe
Cinadide's Craft
Cinadide's Craft
(Paladin Honor Set)

Cinadide's Anvil
Cinadide's Bellows
Cinadide's Bender
Cinadide's Malus

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
+80 to Strength
Cannot Be Frozen

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
+50 to Maximum Damage
Adds 100-200 Fire Damage

Set Bonus with complete set:
Adds 400-800 Fire Damage
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +240%
Slow Target 25%
+200 to all Attributes
Elemental Resists +100%

though more stats are useless for us from this set.

Fenrils wrote:
Solfege wrote: What's your experience been with a crafted Warp Blade, and with crafts in general?

I pretty easily crafted a pair of gloves with Stormblast and belt with Disintegrate which are pretty alright but I'll be looking to soon replace them with Rogue Foresight and Dementia, respectively. Probably anyway, still haven't 100% decided on what my next upgrades are as Hammerfist also looks decent when combined with Steel Punisher but I'm not sure how hard we can scale Spiral Dance.

On the Warp Blade, below is about as good as I've been able to end up with but ideally I can roll better damage plus DS or IAS with that proc.

Outside of these, if y'all have not used Dervish of Aranoch, you REALLY should. Since it procs on striking, you have tornadoes pretty much everywhere at all times regardless of your preferred skill so it feels really damn good. Plus the increased movespeed is sublime.

Would love to give your suggestions a try. Where have you been farming those items? I haven't had much luck with useful drops.
Fenrils
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm currently farming Duncraig but I was farming K3K mostly since Tran Athula hurts too much for constant farming (feels like those Amazons have gotten buffed).
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
Ah alright, I am still leveling to 115 to get into K3K. Guess it is jungles til then. Thanks.