Melee Sorceress [1.3]

Shade
|
Not sure which guide to follow now - Chuck's Short Guides thread has a melee sorc using poison tree with lightning. This one seems to be heading to use cold, also with lightning.

I'd like to choose the one that's easiest to play and can get furthest through the game (I suppose those two things may not both be possible at the same time)... has anyone tried both and can advise which is most noob-freindly?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
monkey1234 wrote:Can you give me guideline to cube the Trader's Chest?
The guideline I found make me so confuse. :(

Also, is the maximum damage of warp blade capped at around 18x to 36x?
And what do you think of Death Star and ATM proc on a warp blade?
It seems that Balefire proc is not that high damage..... :facepalm:

Not sure which guidelines you're using for Trader's Chest. Basically, you just want as high a DEX (amethyst) roll as you can get and no negative STR (diamond) value. Negative VIT and NRG values don't matter. A skull will appear after you've cubed the Chest 50 times. If you're satisfied with the roll, cube it with a Mystic Shard to add bonuses. If not, get a new TC and try again (if you try to cube it with a Mystic Shard after you've reset it, both will disappear).

Death Star and ATMG procs aren't worth it, IMO. Balefire proc won't be as good as Amazon's or Kabraxis' Balefire, but it's the best proc you can get on a Crafted Warp Blade to help with Uber boss killing (as long as they're not Magic Immune). Otherwise, Flamefront is a decent alternative, especially for farming.

Also not sure what you mean about max damage cap for Warp Blade. Max base damage is 86 for Sacred, ED cap is 200% (higher for RWs). IDK what max numbers for flat damage/+max damage are for crafts. Here's a SS of the one I used, if it helps. It's not great, but it got the job done. Not even sure if I Blessed it.

► Show Spoiler
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Shade wrote:Not sure which guide to follow now - Chuck's Short Guides thread has a melee sorc using poison tree with lightning. This one seems to be heading to use cold, also with lightning.

I'd like to choose the one that's easiest to play and can get furthest through the game (I suppose those two things may not both be possible at the same time)... has anyone tried both and can advise which is most noob-freindly?

Don't follow any guide. Build your own through trial and error. :D

Seriously, tho. Either build works, they just have different strengths, weaknesses, and playstyles.

Lightning/Cold:
Has higher defense potential and more summons, so you can afford to be a bit more reckless in the beginning. By end-game though, these things aren't as important, so you'll switch to another spec anyway.

Poison/Lightning:
Has extra damage potential and innate %DR without needing to rely on summons, but its lower defense means you'll need to play a bit more cautiously early on.

I'm sure Chuck has his own thoughts on the matter. These are just my opinions based on how I play a Melee Sorc. I'd suggest trying them both and seeing which one you like better.
SlugInfinite
Cultist
22 | 0
Hey quick question. When you say you use A3 Abjurer for farming, do you mean places that you can already clear through relative ease, and then you use an A1 Priestess when fighting things that are harder for you? (So for me, that would be progressing through dest A5?) I love the A3 Abjurer though so far, thanks for that! He's an absolute beast that stays alive through pretty much anything. Got an in-depth update I'll give you probably tomorrow or the next day though, got a few things that you may like for a beginner section :)

Oh, and if that's the case, what sort of procs/items would I be looking for for my A1 Priestess? No need to go full in-depth on it, I'm able to look through the docs if you're able to give me basic advice. (Any specific bow RW, etc).

Hope you're having a good week Solfege.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
SlugInfinite wrote:Hey quick question. When you say you use A3 Abjurer for farming, do you mean places that you can already clear through relative ease, and then you use an A1 Priestess when fighting things that are harder for you? (So for me, that would be progressing through dest A5?) I love the A3 Abjurer though so far, thanks for that! He's an absolute beast that stays alive through pretty much anything. Got an in-depth update I'll give you probably tomorrow or the next day though, got a few things that you may like for a beginner section :)

Oh, and if that's the case, what sort of procs/items would I be looking for for my A1 Priestess? No need to go full in-depth on it, I'm able to look through the docs if you're able to give me basic advice. (Any specific bow RW, etc).

Hope you're having a good week Solfege.

Nah, keep A3 merc. Just let Priestess tag along up to LC1, then hire an Abjurer to help with LC1 and beyond. Rogues would much rather be at home helping their Sisters rebuild their Monastary. Iron Wolves got nothing better to do than sit around getting drunk and telling "war stories." So you take one with you and give him real war stories to tell. :twisted:
melissana
Cultist
23 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Melle sorc is my main specc now but i will try another spec pois or light which one is better ? i preff pois but.... :) btw where can i found some pois sorc guid/build ?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
adssssss wrote:Melle sorc is my main specc now but i will try another spec pois or light which one is better ? i preff pois but.... :) btw where can i found some pois sorc guid/build ?

I don't think there is a Poison caster guide yet. I think Lightning is better for general play and Poison is better for farming, but I don't play caster much, so can't say for sure. If you prefer Poison, then do it up my dude. Live how you wanna live. :)
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
adssssss wrote:Melle sorc is my main specc now but i will try another spec pois or light which one is better ? i preff pois but.... :) btw where can i found some pois sorc guid/build ?

Poison Sorc has no practical use other than farming. Nearly 90% of bosses are poison immune or pretty much 99% of them. Go with light sorc because you can farm and destroy bosses.
melissana
Cultist
23 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Khamul wrote:

Poison Sorc has no practical use other than farming. Nearly 90% of bosses are poison immune or pretty much 99% of them. Go with light sorc because you can farm and destroy bosses.

Light/cold like always ? :) btw i have full elemental set its work like last season ?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
light sorc is gg. ive got full set on mine and it rapes stuff easy. i advise forked lightning over tempest tho, tempest took a hard blow with less lightnings cast. so did tstone. i just use forked and frigid sphere (which also serves as life% synergy with ice elementals) , shatter the flesh for CC. works like a charm. only downside is that forked is quite the mana hogger.