Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Felipp3 wrote:it would be great if you add a mercenary build to this guide! :salut:

It's something I'm currently trying on stream, will add all terror after finish it on stream today :)

Somnus.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Great Guide Badge
Updating terror right now ! Come watch!
Shade
|
Shadow Refuge is one thing I don't quite get in this build. It's a melee attack but the rest of the build is for a caster.

So I'm trying to avoid being in hitting distance (very squishy at that range) although there are a few occasions I find something next to me (like the teleport monsters) that I can sneak a quick hit on...

So are we supposed to fight in melee range just to use SR? Or is it just a "Use it whenever it's safe" sort of thing?
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Great Guide Badge
► Show Spoiler

What? No.

This skill is a buff (Physical damage reduction 5%, Velocity 10% at lvl 1 | Physical damage reduction 30%, velocity 30% at lvl 15)

You use it to keep yourself buffed since we dont have armor (Tiefling Form puts your defense at 0) so in this case, we need phys damage reduction + speed to move around.

Edit: Let me rephrase this, we use this skill whenever we can (and we are safe to do so, like mobs frozen or attacking meatshield) so we dont get that much rekted (in combination of a Blink in a defensive maneuver).
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Great Guide Badge
Mods remove this reply, I double posted, thanks!
Edited by Somnus 6 years.
Shade
|
Somnus wrote:
► Show Spoiler

What? No.

This skill is a buff (Physical damage reduction 5%, Velocity 10% at lvl 1 | Physical damage reduction 30%, velocity 30% at lvl 15)

You use it to keep yourself buffed since we dont have armor (Tiefling Form puts your defense at 0) so in this case, we need phys damage reduction + speed to move around.

Edit: Let me rephrase this, we use this skill whenever we can (and we are safe to do so, like mobs frozen or attacking meatshield) so we dont get that much rekted (in combination of a Blink in a defensive maneuver).

Sorry if I'm being thick but I must be missing something, probably I'm not explaining my question very well...

The way I understand SR it's an attack rather than a buff (yes, maybe it could be called 'an attack that gives a buff').

Just to clarify, I can cast Queen of Blades or Tiefling Form in an empty room and I get the effect. So it's a buff. When I use SR the same way, using LMB or RMB, I just move to where my cursor is. If I hold down Shift (stay-still button) then I flap at thin air - I still don't get a buff unless...

I actually hit an enemy and to do that it seems I need to be in melee range. And that's where I'm struggling since this is a caster build so being in melee range feels a bit risky since this is quite a squishy character.

Apologies if I'm missing something blindingly obvious, but I'm just trying to understand the intended gameplay style :/
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Great Guide Badge
Shade wrote:
Somnus wrote:
► Show Spoiler

What? No.

Sorry if I'm being thick but I must be missing something, probably I'm not explaining my question very well...

The way I understand SR it's an attack rather than a buff (yes, maybe it could be called 'an attack that gives a buff').

Just to clarify, I can cast Queen of Blades or Tiefling Form in an empty room and I get the effect. So it's a buff. When I use SR the same way, using LMB or RMB, I just move to where my cursor is. If I hold down Shift (stay-still button) then I flap at thin air - I still don't get a buff unless...

I actually hit an enemy and to do that it seems I need to be in melee range. And that's where I'm struggling since this is a caster build so being in melee range feels a bit risky since this is quite a squishy character.

Apologies if I'm missing something blindingly obvious, but I'm just trying to understand the intended gameplay style :/

Dont worry, let me clarify it :
Its an attack that grants a buff (but its damage is not good enough to be a main skill, so its a ''buff'', since you get one after a succesfull attack) and no, you cannot get the buff attacking the air, you gotta hit an enemy with it. Queen of blades is useless for castersin, since we dont have weapon damage.

It's not that risky if you do it correctly, just use it whenever you need it on LMB. And being a caster doesnt mean you are gonna get instakilled by all mobs. There are mobs that are actual garbage and u can get hit (since you'll have hp too). But keep in mind that SR is really useful for assassin, as mentioned before, PDR% and Velocity%.
snowman41
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
Working on act 5 terror, getting oneshot by detonators, How do you avoid/play around them again>? Do I just need to pump vit? Or is it possible to kit them around? I havent been noticing any skills or abilities, but I might be missing something.
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
snowman41 wrote:Working on act 5 terror, getting oneshot by detonators, How do you avoid/play around them again>? Do I just need to pump vit? Or is it possible to kit them around? I havent been noticing any skills or abilities, but I might be missing something.

Detonators are monsters that has an "on death" proc that pretty much oneshots you. The trick is to stay away from them you kill them. They spawn a fireball on death i think? Don't get hit by it.

If i recall correctly they look like the Pests in A2, the ones with the fire AoE on death.

Pumping Vita would probably do no good, as their damage is absurd.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Great Guide Badge
As shadowDawn said, for detonators just stay away from them (Cast on death chance 33/66/99%) and it simply 1 shots you.