Melee Necromancer

Fenris
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I'd used an A1 Priestess until I hit A5. She wasn't able to survive. Now that I'm about 10 levels higher, I may try to level her. I've found the ranged skills to complement well.

All individual playing style, though.
kanadaj
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Not using merc on melee necro either, I find it that they can't add much to my life >_<

I did LC1 at lvl ~40 facetanking the Amazons easily... But I was using a double MO'd Black Cat MO'd with a ton of life steal and fully apple'd Char Orb, so at ~100% life steal if you hit them even once they pretty much can't kill you. Maxed Talon's Hold helped with it quite a bit tho as well.

I've managed to clear Toraja 2x so far with barely any signets, using a double MO'd Igni filled with life steal, SotS, Witchhunter cap, honorific gloves, rare amulet and rings, Rathma's belt and T6 Boots full of Lum and %MF MO :D . No GR tho, gotta keep trying :(
I just wish the Edyrems didn't die so fast... I wonder how much faster it would be with the signets, although I doubt it'd make that much of a difference (it's just some damage and armor, with Vizharan buffs it's already only like 7% to get hit there); Leviathan or Wing of the Dragon God would probably help with being less defensive I guess.
Edited by kanadaj 8 years.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
kanadaj wrote:I wonder how much faster it would be with the signets, although I doubt it'd make that much of a difference.

Both celebrants and morlus have pretty low hp pool, so when their resists drop they die very fast. Sure, the more total defence you have, the better it will be, cause a medium pack of archers can hurt a lot with their arrows.

Oh, btw, Magic Find doesn't affect rune drop so go and change your boots now ;)
kanadaj
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I know about MF and runes, it's about the rest of the drops :D I do have a spare Rathma's for use tho, the 20% LL with the belt makes it things a bit better.

Facebreaker does work quite well for gloves tho. +Strength, Stun Attack, Crushing Blow, Life on Striking and %DR are all lovely for melee necro, I don't know why it's not on your list o.o
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Well, LoS is best be used with ranged chars like bowazon, trap rat druid, xbow necro etc. I've never relied on more than one source of hp gaining but if when I do, I prefer having 100+ Life after each Kill, but definetly not Life on Striking.

Maybe I should mention this item just anyway because gloves are in most times the last item I change to SU from a good honorific/set/mid-lvl RW with my chars so I might have forgotten about Facebraker :)
kanadaj
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I'm wondering if a full Rathma set instead of Inti + SotS + Witchunter + Rathma belts&boots would work better or not in Toraja. I need to farm those GR but need an effective method so I don't tear my hair out piece by piece as I watch the screen with my eyes glued to it, frantically searching for a GR after every Celebrant kill... Maybe just use Rathma's Tyranny with maxed Talon's Hold for the slow instead of the Inti? Need to experiment, it's hard to tell if the set bonus of Rathma's Emprie makes up for the stat difference of the cap and SotS. Damage-wise, Inti seems waaaay stronger than Rathma's Tyranny, though, and the double MO is also huge difference with the life steal.

Also, Erawan might work better there than SotS with all the %DR...

Just thinking, since, ignoring the question of them hitting me or not, those arrows hurt quite a lot.

Thoughts?
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
Fenris wrote:I'd used an A1 Priestess until I hit A5. She wasn't able to survive. Now that I'm about 10 levels higher, I may try to level her. I've found the ranged skills to complement well.

All individual playing style, though.

Best mercenary in the game is ACT 3 Bloodmage. Only give him quen of glass (tu ancient armor), tu crown, tu tulwar, tu light belt, tu gauntlets and tu greaves and he will do fine surviving...
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
wtf is "tulwar" ?
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
@Muso1

Code: Select all

tu tulwar
->
Finis Terra
Finis Terra
Falchion (4)

One-Hand Damage: (7 - 8) to (8 - 9)
Required Level: 5
Required Strength: 49
Item Level: 10
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
2% Chance to cast level 2 Shower of Rocks on Melee Attack
Adds 5-8 Fire Damage
Adds 5-8 Lightning Damage
Adds 5-8 Cold Damage
+(24 to 40)% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +(11 to 15)%
Poison Resist +(11 to 15)%
Socketed (1)
One-Hand Damage: (22 - 24) to (25 - 28)
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 79
Item Level: 31
4% Chance to cast level 6 Shower of Rocks on Melee Attack
Adds 15-25 Fire Damage
Adds 15-25 Lightning Damage
Adds 15-25 Cold Damage
+(58 to 75)% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +(21 to 25)%
Poison Resist +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: (42 - 45) to (49 - 54)
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 160
Item Level: 51
6% Chance to cast level 10 Shower of Rocks on Melee Attack
Adds 45-75 Fire Damage
Adds 45-75 Lightning Damage
Adds 45-75 Cold Damage
+(92 to 109)% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +(31 to 35)%
Poison Resist +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (3)
One-Hand Damage: (54 - 58) to (64 - 70)
Required Level: 52
Required Strength: 319
Item Level: 77
8% Chance to cast level 12 Shower of Rocks on Melee Attack
Adds 140-220 Fire Damage
Adds 140-220 Lightning Damage
Adds 140-220 Cold Damage
+(109 to 126)% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +(36 to 40)%
Poison Resist +(36 to 40)%
Socketed (3)
this ?
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
kanadaj wrote:I'm wondering if a full Rathma set instead of Inti + SotS + Witchunter + Rathma belts&boots would work better or not in Toraja.

I was farming for a Shaad and Auhe with full Rahma's set. Safe and efficient.

kanadaj wrote:I need to farm those GR but need an effective method so I don't tear my hair out piece by piece as I watch the screen with my eyes glued to it, frantically searching for a GR after every Celebrant kill...

Divide a level into 4 parts - Lilith area (NW), Campfire area (NE), Maze area (SW) and SE. You just kill 25-35 archers in each area and then check the drops.

kanadaj wrote:Maybe just use Rathma's Tyranny with maxed Talon's Hold for the slow instead of the Inti?

There're a lot of options viable in Toraja farming - full Rathma's set is just the most effective imo, because of Guard Towers.