Screenshot thread S18!

Share your videos and screenshots
Mirtazapin
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times

when vigil melts the cows away, procs trigger procs that trigger procs and the game cant handle this situation ;)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Controlledanger wrote:Eth cranium has less damage and thorn strike does not use durability. :)

Here's the math if you are interested;

Giant axe base (eth)
124-151
Added dmg from
Executioner's Justice
with sockets;
380% ed (6 xis)
150-250 flat

Total = 745 min - 974 max (average damage = 859)

Great Maul (eth)
114-133
Added dmg from
The Cranium Basher
with sockets;
380% ed (6 xis)
500 flat max

Total = 547 min - 1138 max (average damage = 842)

just for funsies from that long conversation in discord the other day:

stop using the term DPS. you're not using it correctly because cranium basher also has procs that boost your DPS significantly due to more damage being applied in a wider range while still doing your normal attack.

highest possible damage =/= average damage. cranium is higher, executioner has slightly better average.
oski89
Rust Claw
80 | 2
I drop this SSSSU Naginata on 3rd room in Duncraig ;) Myxir the week ago on cube mix 3xsu+ac and catch secret nagi. Btw. Yesterday i drop SSU Naginata on Duncraig... ;) Myxir have +7 Pounce i have +4 Pounce. So is not photomontage ;)
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
oski89 wrote:I drop this SSSSU Naginata on 3rd room in Duncraig ;) Myxir the week ago on cube mix 3xsu+ac and catch secret nagi. Btw. Yesterday i drop SSU Naginata on Duncraig... ;) Myxir have +7 Pounce i have +4 Pounce. So is not photomontage ;)

Sweet picture!
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Controlledanger wrote:The highest possible dps Thorn strike weapon has arrived.
Remember, thorn strike does not use durability.
No cranium basher does not have higher damage.

Wasting 6 xis runes like that should be a crime.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
That’s sick axe
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Aero wrote:
Controlledanger wrote:Eth cranium has less damage and thorn strike does not use durability. :)

Here's the math if you are interested;

Giant axe base (eth)
124-151
Added dmg from
Executioner's Justice
with sockets;
380% ed (6 xis)
150-250 flat

Total = 745 min - 974 max (average damage = 859)

Great Maul (eth)
114-133
Added dmg from
The Cranium Basher
with sockets;
380% ed (6 xis)
500 flat max

Total = 547 min - 1138 max (average damage = 842)

just for funsies from that long conversation in discord the other day:

because cranium basher also has procs that boost your DPS significantly due to more damage being applied in a wider range while still doing your normal attack.

cranium is higher, executioner has slightly better average.

Incorrect as we can clearly see the proc is "on kill" so this would not be relevant on ubers where you would even consider needing this damage of course.
If it was on striking we could do the maths to incorporate the dps through the procs wdm and its chance along with it's hit delay pretty easily but this is not the case.

Also this "highest possible damage =/= average damage." is a very silly comment because you say "stop using the term DPS your not using it correctly", yet you are actually not in understanding of what "DPS" technically is so I will explain. DPS stands for Damage per second. The amount of total damage you can deal over a sustained period of time. This becomes an average of all damage within the time frame and is a mean ~ of min + max. Giving that the average mean dmg of cranium basher is lower, it in tern has less sustained dps.

Dps =/= the maximum random highest hit in a sequence, but rather the maximum possible continues mean of damage of continues hits in a sequence.
Hopefully this helps you better understand.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
you didn't understand at all.

I said highest possible damage is not average damage. I didn't say DPS isn't average damage. that's literally the definition. amount of damage over 1 second, so an average. highest damage is not average. you should read before writing
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Aero wrote:you didn't understand at all.

I said highest possible damage is not average damage. I didn't say DPS isn't average damage. that's literally the definition. amount of damage over 1 second, so an average. highest damage is not average. you should read before writing

So implying you just stated this for no reason?

highest possible damage =/= average damage. cranium is higher, executioner has slightly better average.

I think you are trying to argue that cranium basher can do a higher possible hit, which is can because it's max dmg is higher. However this is irrelevant because it's not sustained dps. a 1-1400 dmg wep would do the same but with a much lower average, thus less dps.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
Isnt there somewhere other than the picture thread this pointless argument can take place? Every time i see a post i come expecting a new cool item and get disappointed.