380 | 17
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
mahitovec wrote:
nikolaipka wrote: when they fail again POE will completely destroy them.

Sadly its D3 with some d2 story :)
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
grafix good gameplay bad
ojejku
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
I just can't express myself enough how bad that thing looks like in general not only graphic wise and pseudo clunky new engine.

What is the most shocking for me is the fact that they have some early clunky prototype engine and we are almost 2020. It's like early alpha of wolcen, or poe 0.6 beta (which was more advanced anyway) we're talking about, so it's 3-4 years to come, and everything can literally change.

Having that said, If I were Activision I would immediately cancel the whole thing and I won't be surprised by a tiny bit if they will going to do that, especially that some of those devs said it has been a couple of years in development. This thing they shoowed to us has been developed by couple of years, really? That would be ok if it was afterwork project for some passionate people and not like full time job. So there must be either completely incompetent people behind that project and the whole diablo universe/department in Blizzard or there are literally two people working on it. Considering the latter and the fact that some indie games are developed by one/two people I believe it's the first one. It's such a waste of years and money I can't even imagine how somebody could've let that happened in such company. Funny thing is that all those streamers are on the same level of IQ so that they are hyped by what they have seen, it's beyoned me. They absolutely do not have any respect for themselves, they are so oh and ah asking those stupid questions re basic things. For God sake, these are freaking basic things they should've sort out ten years ago like the whole genre did, even their own product D2. And here we go again with those questions, are there gonna be leaderboards, is there gonna be trade, is there gonna be some kind of crafting? Some developer say yeah sure and people who interview them are just blown away immedietly by the answer, awesome...

Either I'm getting old, or the world has changed and I don't belong to it anymore, at least quin96 was wearing PoE hoodie and you could tell by his interview he was not convinced at all and kind of irritated as well.
Jakob
Thunder Beetle
56 | 2
ojejku wrote:I just can't express myself enough how bad that thing looks like in general not only graphic wise and pseudo clunky new engine.

What is the most shocking for me is the fact that they have some early clunky prototype engine and we are almost 2020. It's like early alpha of wolcen, or poe 0.6 beta (which was more advanced anyway) we're talking about, so it's 3-4 years to come, and everything can literally change.

Having that said, If I were Activision I would immediately cancel the whole thing and I won't be surprised by a tiny bit if they will going to do that, especially that some of those devs said it has been a couple of years in development. This thing they shoowed to us has been developed by couple of years, really? That would be ok if it was afterwork project for some passionate people and not like full time job. So there must be either completely incompetent people behind that project and the whole diablo universe/department in Blizzard or there are literally two people working on it. Considering the latter and the fact that some indie games are developed by one/two people I believe it's the first one. It's such a waste of years and money I can't even imagine how somebody could've let that happened in such company. Funny thing is that all those streamers are on the same level of IQ so that they are hyped by what they have seen, it's beyoned me. They absolutely do not have any respect for themselves, they are so oh and ah asking those stupid questions re basic things. For God sake, these are freaking basic things they should've sort out ten years ago like the whole genre did, even their own product D2. And here we go again with those questions, are there gonna be leaderboards, is there gonna be trade, is there gonna be some kind of crafting? Some developer say yeah sure and people who interview them are just blown away immedietly by the answer, awesome...

Either I'm getting old, or the world has changed and I don't belong to it anymore, at least quin96 was wearing PoE hoodie and you could tell by his interview he was not convinced at all and kind of irritated as well.

Based on blizzard's actions they dont really care about games or anything. The most important priority is money (duh). But can they make a better game than POE/Wolcen/Torhclight etc? Maybe, maybe not, its risky.

Can they make the best mmo/cardgame/moba/etc? Much more likely. => they invest here
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ojejku wrote:some of those devs said it has been a couple of years in development
This looks more like anywhere from a year to 2 years of development for such a big company as Activision Blizzard, unless they did count the creation of the engine too.

For now I think they've shown a very, very early game build, pre-alpha state, just to give something tangible for the people at Blizzcon to test, in an attempt to diminish the impact that Diablo mobile made last year. They're panicking and trying to damage control and given the time constraints, I think they didn't do all that bad. A lot of stuff looks like they carried it over from D3 with minor changes - the way items look in the inventory, the basic attack/damage/life stats, the simple skills trees...I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they did that just so they have ANYTHING to show this year, if they were to build it all from the ground up we would have had to wait another year or even two for a gameplay demo. Just guessing though, they can very well just fuck it all up for all I know.

I don't like the fact that it's always online again, I was hoping they would've learned from the error 34 or whatever fucking number it was issue with D3, with people being completely unable to play the game they've paid for due to limited server capacity, but nah. Let's just go full MMO now instead of following the D2 formula which everyone likes cause people get to choose how they want to play.

Otherwise I hope that the skills, stats and item rng will be properly developed by release(which I think won't be sooner than 2023) and that this is going to be more than a D3 with an open world and a darker look. I don't want a D2 remake, I want this new entry in the series to improve upon what was already good in D2 and fix the stuff that was not. Also I hope they take lessons from D3 - lack of endgame content, sets locking you into builds, the initial legendaries being completely worthless due to RNG, auction house being the real endgame etc.
OzakiDesu
Acid Prince
48 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Well the pc they played on at the floor at blizzcon was 2080ti's
T___w
Skeleton
2 | 0
ojejku wrote:I just can't express myself enough how bad that thing looks like in general not only graphic wise and pseudo clunky new engine.

r/iamverysmart

PS. "It's such a waste of years and money I can't even imagine how somebody could've let that happened in such company." It's a damn PRE-PRE-ALPHA DEMO, you are far too quick to judge so maybe yes you are getting old. :flip:
phazedown
Cultist
20 | 0
Diablo 1 was fun and I played it in 1999. I remember the last cutscene and that I have quit the game after one playthrough.
Diablo 2 in 2000 was the reason for me to get an internet connection. It was less than 1 Mbit but a sensation. Came back often.
Diablo 3 didn't impress me graphics wise and because of the real money auction house. Until now never ever played it.
Diablo 4 has potential but I will wait for the first reviews before buying anything.

Edit: I played D3 first in 2020 and have mixed feelings as expected. D2 definitely caught me more :)
Edited by phazedown 4 years.
shrimp
Daystar
693 | 14
another commercial bull sheet
ojejku
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
T___w wrote:
r/iamverysmart

PS. "It's such a waste of years and money I can't even imagine how somebody could've let that happened in such company." It's a damn PRE-PRE-ALPHA DEMO, you are far too quick to judge so maybe yes you are getting old. :flip:

Awesome, I myself told it's pre alpha engine if you actually read my post, so you don't have to tell me that explicitly what I already know and said. I also posted that developers during that panels said it's been in development for a few years already, yes that pre alpha engine, so it's already waste of years. Moreovever, what I was also trying to emphasize, it's been almost 20 years from D2, if we consider D3 as a mistake, so it's freaking 2 god damn decades they/we lost, not years. Just to give you some comparison how bad it is we're talking about 3 Rockstar games developed in that time of period, which are massive.