[S26] Glass cannon vs Bosses

Share your videos and screenshots
Diaco
Void Archon
885 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
revolut1oN wrote:
uberecht wrote:I figured as much, but to what end ? Is there any benefit in overstacking pierce or is the original poster simply referring to properly hitting the breakpoints for the bosses in question?

Just get 200 and you are good dude

200 pierce is only useful for Samael, Deimoss, anomaly and phoboss. Getting 200 pierce is generally not easy and you'd definitely sacrifice dmg/survivability for it, when 135 is enough for normal mobs and 170 for all other bosses.
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
-_-

Dude asks what stacking pierce means in context of this build. Since it is designed to melt bosses like Samael it is obvious "stack pierce" here means -200, not -135 for farming, unless you want to farm with stormblast in Fauztinville >_>
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
tell me please how does orange text work on double stormblast sword, does it has some restrictions, why do you need buged offhand weapon? Does grandfather with double stormblast combo doesnt work anymore?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Bliyadolubov wrote:tell me please how does orange text work on double stormblast sword, does it has some restrictions, why do you need buged offhand weapon? Does grandfather with double stormblast combo doesnt work anymore?

I don't know what you mean by bugged offhand, but orange texts on weapon dont work while in offhand, only in main hand.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Istaryu wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:tell me please how does orange text work on double stormblast sword, does it has some restrictions, why do you need buged offhand weapon? Does grandfather with double stormblast combo doesnt work anymore?

I don't know what you mean by bugged offhand, but orange texts on weapon dont work while in offhand, only in main hand.

Some dude wrote that in glasscannon video khalim will was used as na offhand, why? I dont know is it true, may be it was SU flail.
God_of_Magic
Pit Knight
113 | 6
uberecht wrote:
God_of_Magic wrote:
uberecht wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
psyk1k5 wrote:t4v is back!!!! Anyone have a link to the build?

we will probably never see it, but i can only speculate that its ligtning pierce stacking with tons of
Crystal of Tears
Crystal of Tears
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
Adds 3-6 Damage
+10 Required Level
on honorifics +
Thunder King of Sescheron
Kriegsmesser (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 53 to 57
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 642
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Stormblast: +1 Projectile
Thundergod Nova Deals 5000 Lightning Damage
Lightning Shield: +(18 to 30) Lightning Damage to Weapon per Skill Level
20% Chance to cast level 10 Life Spark on Melee Attack
Adds (200 to 300)-(450 to 600) Lightning Damage
-(30 to 40)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+10 to Stormblast
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
100% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)

What does lighning pierce stacking mean ?
I thought pierce breakpoints were 135/170/200

Just stacking a bunch of the stat "reduce enemy lightning resistance".

I figured as much, but to what end ? Is there any benefit in overstacking pierce or is the original poster simply referring to properly hitting the breakpoints for the bosses in question?

There is! It's to counteract monster resistances. The cap on -res to be applied is -100. However, if an enemy has resistance, then further stacking is needed to hit the cap. So if an enemy has:

0 res: you need -100 enemy res to hit the cap.
50 res: you need -150 enemy res to hit the cap.
99 res: you need -199 enemy res to hit the cap. <-- This is the highest non-immune resistance an enemy can have.

So, get as much as you can without gimping yourself.
Txoroa
Abomination
152 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

Some dude wrote that in glasscannon video khalim will was used as na offhand, why? I dont know is it true, may be it was SU flail.

Well its strange but yeah he's using a flail....id really wanna know what kind of flail it is. Maybe a simple honorific to have more weapon orbs?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Txoroa wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

Well its strange but yeah he's using a flail....id really wanna know what kind of flail it is. Maybe a simple honorific to have more weapon orbs?

If you go through patch Notes from former iterations of Sigma you will encounter many changes about orange texts on items when used in dual wield Modus.
Many off those modifiers are made to be not working when in dual wield to prevent OP combinations or abuse of certain mechanics.
Wizardspike
Wizardspike
Dagger (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 37
Required Dexterity: 376
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
-70% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
50% Cast Speed
+(4 to 8) to Trinity Beam
+2 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Maximum Mana +20%
Regenerate Mana +30%
Socketed (2)
Kriegsmesser (Sacred)

(Barbarian Only)
+10 to Stormblast
100% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
or
The Grandfather
The Grandfather
Great Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (219 - 254) to (336 - 396)
Two-Hand Damage: (312 - 347) to (423 - 483)
Required Level: 120
Required Strength:
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
+400% Deadly Strike
-5% Deadly Strike per 1% Attack Speed
Adds (75 to 110)-(180 to 240) Damage
(150 to 300)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+200% Enhanced Damage
+(30 to 40) to Ancients' Hand
+50 to all Attributes
Maximum Life +(5 to 7)%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
are popular examples for this.
For some reason almost all one handed Quest items (Gidbin, WIrt's Leg, KhalimsWill) are not disabling the orange text modifiers.
So yeah in this setup Khalims WIll was used in offhand to keep the second Stormblast Projectile while being able to attack with 6 frames max rather than 7.
Among the Quest items Khalims Will simply has the most benefitial stats for this build (15% vit, ene, 20% max HP/Mana) to counter some part of the
Crystal of Tears
Crystal of Tears
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
Adds 3-6 Damage
+10 Required Level
spam on the other item slots.
t4v
Balrog
131 | 183
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
mortimer_85 wrote:
Txoroa wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

If you go through patch Notes from former iterations of Sigma you will encounter many changes about orange texts on items when used in dual wield Modus.
Many off those modifiers are made to be not working when in dual wield to prevent OP combinations or abuse of certain mechanics.
Wizardspike
Wizardspike
Dagger (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 37
Required Dexterity: 376
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
-70% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
50% Cast Speed
+(4 to 8) to Trinity Beam
+2 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Maximum Mana +20%
Regenerate Mana +30%
Socketed (2)
Kriegsmesser (Sacred)

(Barbarian Only)
+10 to Stormblast
100% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
or
The Grandfather
The Grandfather
Great Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (219 - 254) to (336 - 396)
Two-Hand Damage: (312 - 347) to (423 - 483)
Required Level: 120
Required Strength:
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
+400% Deadly Strike
-5% Deadly Strike per 1% Attack Speed
Adds (75 to 110)-(180 to 240) Damage
(150 to 300)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+200% Enhanced Damage
+(30 to 40) to Ancients' Hand
+50 to all Attributes
Maximum Life +(5 to 7)%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
are popular examples for this.
For some reason almost all one handed Quest items (Gidbin, WIrt's Leg, KhalimsWill) are not disabling the orange text modifiers.
So yeah in this setup Khalims WIll was used in offhand to keep the second Stormblast Projectile while being able to attack with 6 frames max rather than 7.
Among the Quest items Khalims Will simply has the most benefitial stats for this build (15% vit, ene, 20% max HP/Mana) to counter some part of the
Crystal of Tears
Crystal of Tears
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
Adds 3-6 Damage
+10 Required Level
spam on the other item slots.

Actually wizardspike works in offhand with every weapon ...It's not necessary to use quest item
Wirt's leg just looks better than other zero dmg items
Txoroa
Abomination
152 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
wizardspike works? i mean, u can get -70% enemy elem resistances having it in the OH? didnt know that