Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
The complaints about azure are not that it's the most powerful build in terms of damage. There are builds that can reach higher dps. However, I doubt that if Azure was a glass cannon build we would've seen that many complaints about it. The reality is the following: it's a brain dead build that is easy to play and buying Azure is the equivalence of buying an easy mode Median XL. And my opinion is that Median should not have an easy mode, whether the price is 2k or 10k tg to make it work. I do not deny that Azure requires heavy investment especially at season start, but nowadays many people have lots of tg enough to make this build.

The power of Azure is that you can reach 2x more health than all other chars and median's endgame is not tuned with consideration that you have that much hp. With that much hp you can tank ALL of samael's abilites (unless he spawns 2-3x of them at the same place). You can also walk in T10 freely without drinking potions (thanks to the other item that needs to be changed: solitudes). There shouldn't be any build in median that is able to make you immortal and allow you to absolutely ignore end game boss mechanics.

I do not think Azure should be removed. There should be powerful items that enable builds and require lots of investment. In my opinion, the design of Azure should be changed instead. Either reduce the hp a lot so that it reaches a reasonable amount of hp in endgame, or change its scaling.

I want to see Azurewrath changed to something that requires actual dodging like other builds. Then feel free to showcase whatever you want.
Schnauzer
Cultist
24 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
at least azure is better than abusing bugs.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
midknight wrote:I think azurewraith is a very divisive build, last season there were 13 azurewraith recorded on tsw whether people think thats a lot or not it come down to personal opinon. I dont think azurewraith builds have been close to getting an early 1st boss kills or the first to reach 150 on the first ladder simply because it requires quite a big investment early ladder especially when people dont have phoboss on farm yet. Nice showcase Rhys, i haven't seen many videos of azurewraith in action so its nice to see. What happened to lemures t10? :yay:

Ben got the first deimoss kill this ladder on a lvl 147 scorpsin.

Interesting. Clearly, ideas about azure are separated into 2 types: Ppl who never played azure tend to consider it is not a big deal, while many ppl who actually tried azure would regard it as a cheat or buying an easy mode in median.

Ppl who not tried azure, like me 6-7 ladders before, will probably never get the true point of azure: It is never about fastest farming speed, fastest boss killer, first kill or highest rank on ladder in early ladder. It is all about survivability, no death, about 100% success, about ignoring end game boss mechanics.

Just think about it, if u are guaranteed with no death in sam fights and T10 runs, if u are guaranteed with an super brainless easy mode in all median content. Every taha u drop or buy is guaranteed with an elder blood, every phoboss u come across is guaranteed with UMOs, every lab run is guaranteed a successful full run.....Ppl who not tried azure just cant really understand what this means.

As for investment in early game, I would say, if u want to go fast on ladder in early game and go further in late game, u probably would need big investment. On this point, those builds are not much different, azure, voidstar, totems, GT,...They all need UMOs and relics. My Java/GT zon this ladder did 2 honorific items, with 2 corrupted ripstar rings and Archbishop amu umoed, which means 5 solitude, 19 marksman eye, 5 idol of stars, 10 Hand of Yaerius, 4 essence of itherael and 1 Moon Crystal to cover the cast speed fpa. Together with SSUs, relics, trophies and 2 Empyrean Touch, several Sigil of Absolution & 1 Path of Brutality. I dont think it is some light investment.

For lemures in t10.....It can grind, I can only say, and not stable/safe, no matter how hard u push it or how much u invest on it. Unless devs are kind enough to show UMP some love in future seasons.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Schnauzer wrote:at least azure is better than abusing bugs.

Amazing comparison. You can say that any build is better than abusing bugs. But Azure comes closest to being a bugged build without abusing bugs.
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
midknight wrote:I think azurewraith is a very divisive build, last season there were 13 azurewraith recorded on tsw whether people think thats a lot or not it come down to personal opinon. I dont think azurewraith builds have been close to getting an early 1st boss kills or the first to reach 150 on the first ladder simply because it requires quite a big investment early ladder especially when people dont have phoboss on farm yet. Nice showcase Rhys, i haven't seen many videos of azurewraith in action so its nice to see. What happened to lemures t10? :yay:

Ben got the first deimoss kill this ladder on a lvl 147 scorpsin.

Interesting. Clearly, ideas about azure are separated into 2 types: Ppl who never played azure tend to consider it is not a big deal, while many ppl who actually tried azure would regard it as a cheat or buying an easy mode in median.

Ppl who not tried azure, like me 6-7 ladders before, will probably never get the true point of azure: It is never about fastest farming speed, fastest boss killer, first kill or highest rank on ladder in early ladder. It is all about survivability, no death, about 100% success, about ignoring end game boss mechanics.

Just think about it, if u are guaranteed with no death in sam fights and T10 runs, if u are guaranteed with an super brainless easy mode in all median content. Every taha u drop or buy is guaranteed with an elder blood, every phoboss u come across is guaranteed with UMOs, every lab run is guaranteed a successful full run.....Ppl who not tried azure just cant really understand what this means.

As for investment in early game, I would say, if u want to go fast on ladder in early game and go further in late game, u probably would need big investment. On this point, those builds are not much different, azure, voidstar, totems, GT,...They all need UMOs and relics. My Java/GT zon this ladder did 2 honorific items, with 2 corrupted ripstar rings and Archbishop amu umoed, which means 5 solitude, 19 marksman eye, 5 idol of stars, 10 Hand of Yaerius, 4 essence of itherael and 1 Moon Crystal to cover the cast speed fpa. Together with SSUs, relics, trophies and 2 Empyrean Touch, several Sigil of Absolution & 1 Path of Brutality. I dont think it is some light investment.

For lemures in t10.....It can grind, I can only say, and not stable/safe, no matter how hard u push it or how much u invest on it. Unless devs are kind enough to show UMP some love in future seasons.

My comment with lemures was last ladder rhys had been doing extensive planning for lemures to do t10 and Deimoss kill. What i mean with investment was first u need to buy azurewraith which tends to cost a lot of tg early ladder plus azurewraiths damage isnt the best early on, i am pretty sure a java/ gt zon plus a lot of other builds with low investment surpasses a 8+ umo azurewraith.

In classic clod hammerdin is probably one of the strongest build in the game with huge survability and great damage that surpasses a lot of other builds. In contrast that build is relatively easy to make since enigma isnt too hard get hold of whereas azurewraith on median is pretty rare.

For people who are really competitive on the top of the ladder i can understand where you are coming from but not everyone is playing median competitively and some people just want to enjoy builds they have never tried before.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
midknight wrote:My comment with lemures was last ladder rhys had been doing extensive planning for lemures to do t10 and Deimoss kill. What i mean with investment was first u need to buy azurewraith which tends to cost a lot of tg early ladder plus azurewraiths damage isnt the best early on, i am pretty sure a java/ gt zon plus a lot of other builds with low investment surpasses a 8+ umo azurewraith.

In classic clod hammerdin is probably one of the strongest build in the game with huge survability and great damage that surpasses a lot of other builds. In contrast that build is relatively easy to make since enigma isnt too hard get hold of whereas azurewraith on median is pretty rare.

For people who are really competitive on the top of the ladder i can understand where you are coming from but not everyone is playing median competitively and some people just want to enjoy builds they have never tried before.

Sry but u seem not actually to understand what is the point for early game azure, its never about the damage if u compare it to other builds. I can see u never played azure build recently. For an azure build, u dont even need 1 single UMO or any relics in early game, u just need one azure which is not that expensive any more as before thanks to the high drop rate of azure nowadays and then u can farm sam at ease. It doesnt cost too much as u expect. Then selling elder blood will cover most of u investment on azure in early game. And even u would like to spend ur tg on UMOs in the first 2 weeks of ladder, there are just not enough UMOs on market for u to buy. Collecting necessary UMOs is not a short term thing in just early game.So u just overrate the early cost of azure build nowadays. That is why I can tell that u never played azure build recently.

For players, u are right, I totally agree. Surely ppl play as they like.

As for lemures in t10, I know what u refer to. I already gave my opinion on it in that post last ladder if u remember. I dont think it is worth it to waste an important body armor option on crafted armor just for some AR. That will drop too many other properties, just in return for some more AR. And I dont think lemures pala can do Deimoss stably. If it can, tell me the success rate of it in every 10 Deimoss runs on average, it will be appreciated.

In all, it is not a promising build in lategame lab farming, compared to other lategame labs builds in 2.2/2.3. Not excellent single damage, average farming speed, tanky in a way but not that tanky actually (especially in high labs), not stable in t9/t10, not stable facing phoboss. Thats why I say UMP needs more love. Tbh, the only use of lemures pala for me is to farm laz. Like I said, no matter how hard u push it or how much u invest on it, it is not a fast/stable lab farming build.
Edited by cnlnjzfjb 1 year.
k9999
Monkey King
265 | 39
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
good team players experience,good ssf game mode
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
hc player :cheers:
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Personally I think adjudicator paladin would be a much stronger build early ladder compared to an azurewraith build and at a fraction of the cost.
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
snowbird wrote:You don't even need umos to do deimoss with 5 totems this ladder. Probably Azure is the best way to do 100% but you get no special rewards. Mostly complaints about azurewrath comes from ignorance, it has never been the most powerful build in this mod.

no video no truth