The Sumodin

pawelox01
Skeleton
2 | 1
Why you chose scourge over hoplite? Rapture can be cast on summons and merc and it gives huge buff to attack speed
Samkyo11
Skeleton
2 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
pawelox01 wrote:Why you chose scourge over hoplite? Rapture can be cast on summons and merc and it gives huge buff to attack speed

You can only summon 5 minions with Hoplite. But you can summon 15 minions with Scourge. More minions = more dmg. and more meat shields. It balances out buff from Rapture.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
pawelox01 wrote:Why you chose scourge over hoplite? Rapture can be cast on summons and merc and it gives huge buff to attack speed

Do you want to sit there and cast rapture on everything everytime it expires?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide

Because of their attack skills. Retaliate has a fix 70% weapon damage, whereas Crucify has 33% weapon damage with 8-16 spikes. So against single targets, Crucify deals 264% weapon damage (or rather the displayed minion damage) per minion. With 15 minions who have 4 k damage displayed that damage is:

4000 * 2,64 * 15 = 158400 damage.

Whereas retaliate hits once:

4000 * 0,7 * 5 = 14000 damage

So yeah, when it comes to single target damage, Scourge are about 11 times better.

And it goes on. When you're surrounded by many enemies you have 528% of the weapon damage with Crucify which results in:

4000 * 5,28 * 15 =316800 damage in one single attack.

Retaliate would stay at the 14 k damage, so in order to make Hoplites better than Scouge you would have to hit 316800/14000 = 22,63, rounded up 23 enemies. With each cast of Retaliate. Since retaliate knocks enemies back a lot, that's hardly ever possible.

@ Samkyo11 Yes it's capped at 75% minion resist. I still usually take some more in order to not get pierced by enemies like the ones before baal. As for skills: Put the the remaining points you have into Dragonheart.
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Does AR influences minions? If not why is it important?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Tanin wrote:Does AR influences minions? If not why is it important?

In early game I used AR in order to hit and knock back more reliably with Colosseum. Later on with lots of charms, that won't be necessary anymore.
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HechtHeftig wrote:

In early game I used AR in order to hit and knock back more reliably with Colosseum. Later on with lots of charms, that won't be necessary anymore.

Great.
Last question for now, Rathma's Blessing you'll do in a Sacred Diadem? Also, I can't find the Co rune in the runes list.

Thanks for being so thorough 8-)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Tanin wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:

Great.
Last question for now, Rathma's Blessing you'll do in a Sacred Diadem? Also, I can't find the Co rune in the runes list.

Thanks for being so thorough 8-)

Yes, you can put it in a Diadem. Or if you have some -req jewels put into your Stone Guardian, you can go with a Tiara as well, since in that case you don't have to spend so many points into dex and can put more into vita. And the Defense value doesn't change much, since the runeword Rathma's Blessing doesn't add any ED.

The CO runes have to be crafted. Farm Teganze for Cold essences and Runestones. Cube 1 runestone with 1 cold essence to get a Co rune.

And you're welcome ;)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
- Added Ureh

And thus I'm already finished with my goal of showing results for all ubers until level 120. (I still can't manage Kabraxis and the Cowking though for now. I'll try something later) But don't worry everybody, I'll try to get as far as possible with this build, so of course I'll try the other ubers as well. I reached level 125 today, too, so starting tomorrow, I'll start the remaining ubers.
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
BTW, what should we put in all the free sockets?