Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Taem
Necrobot
2476 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Original Thread: http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-15760.html
Current Author: Belix
Game Version: Diablo 1, Hellfire Expansion [mod]
Direct Download: http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=228

Belix wrote:Hellfire v1.02.A5 - an Unofficial Update for Hellfire

Contained herein is my update project for Hellfire. Its simple goal is to make Hellfire better without radically altering it or using any sounds or graphics from any other games. If you're looking for a Hellfire mod that adds new spells, monsters, graphics and so forth, you'll want to look elsewhere and check out stuff like The Hell, or The Dark.

If, however, you enjoy Hellfire largely the way it is, you should appreciate this update. Read on.

What it does:
• Fixes various bugs with the game
• Improves issues that aren't bugs, but are undesirable
• Tweaks a few things for player convenience
• Customizable (if you're comfortable with a text editor)
• 100% Pure Diablo & Hellfire: No audio or graphics from other games will ever be used in this project

Highlights:
• Many combat bugs (blocking, ranged attacks, bow affixes) fixed
• Anything that permanently damaged your character in a way that couldn't be restored (e.g. Max Life, Max Mana) has been fixed or disabled
• Improvements to Multiplayer (shared experience, see others on map)
• Most screechy/loud Hellfire sounds replaced with sounds (sometimes unused extras) from the original game

You can peruse the complete, most up-to-date list of fixes, changes and features included in this project here on the Lurker Lounge at the link at the top of this post. This documentation is also included in the download for your convenience, but may be not be as current as the one here on the website.

The customization aspect of this project is not as simple yet as I would like it to be - the file in each new version will essentially reset any features you turned on or off, and I'd like it if turning said features on or off was even easier than editing a text file to, but I am considering investing a significant amount of time to improve on this in a future version.

I hold my work to high standards and try my best not to break anything in the game. If you encounter a serious issue, please report it! If it is the fault of my work, I will make every effort to issue a fix or updated version ASAP!

► Show Spoiler
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
yo thanks
btw i always wondered how companys could release so extremely bugged games
i remember killing the boss in the grave and the game always crashed, i mean cmon theres no way this was not noticed
Taem
Necrobot
2476 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
There were a lot of bugs with D1 and hellfire. These latest patches resolve most all the issues and balance the game rather nicely. With the "run in town" feature, I'd say the game is bearable, but the gfx is so dated, sometimes it's hard to swallow. I personally haven't played D1 series for over a decade, but I do know people who still play on a regular basis.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge