Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
GoochMcNuts wrote:Has anyone actually done the 30 second bremmtown run? For real when the devs were designing this did any one of them actually load up a character with gear that's reasonable to obtain and actually succeed here? My bowzon sitting at 80 res, max phys res, 20k hp and a wyrmshot that hits for 20k. I'm probably the fastest class in the game and I can shred through the enemies as if they were made of paper and yet my fastest run is 35 seconds... anyway any help here would be much appreciated (I've had marginal success with the rathma tele even with my merc and 25 summons the mobs usually target me and kill me before I can even register a hit)

This one is more of a heads up to the game devs than an actual question but I finally did it I got the 30 second bremmtown clear as bowzon (timed it and everything). I cleared it with 2 seconds to spare and the trophy still won't apply itself to the charm. So either this quest is broken or the player has to open the cube and transmute the charm within the 30 seconds as well in which case we got the kill within the 30 seconds isn't that enough?
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ha819 wrote:+(40 to 75)% Damage to Demons

Does it apply to spell damage?

nope only to physical damage
ha819
Cultist
24 | 0
GoochMcNuts wrote:

I see. thanks
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
GoochMcNuts wrote: So either this quest is broken or the player has to open the cube and transmute the charm within the 30 seconds as well in which case we got the kill within the 30 seconds isn't that enough?

You need to cube within 30s, same for the 90s (or is it 60s?), both buffs, both swirls need to be active. You cant also not go back to town or leave in any way.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ha819 wrote:
GoochMcNuts wrote:

I see. thanks

Also, it counts as EWD, so you will most likely not deal 40-75% more damage.
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Does it make sense to re-spec stat points for farming Valthek?

I know the fight is quite unique, so I was not sure if putting all points into Vitality actually helps - or if his attacks all do a fixed percentage amount of total health as damage.

I understand that some skills help, like Wolf Stance is helping a lot with movement. Any other skill benefits good for Valthek?
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
How much do you plan to farm him ? If you’re aiming for a trophy/jewel of luck, I would do it. Especially if I have 2 belladonnas on hand

Pretty sure the attacks deal a fixed amount of damage
Edited by Johnny Impak 3 years.
redmoon9
Imp
5 | 0
In hell I get wrecked so fast by fortress (duriel) and any enemies that have I think the skill is called blood feast(shamans in halls of pain), the corpse cannons. Is this a defense problem? This happens to both my malice necro and my ele druid. If so what can I do to help with this while I am still in t4? respec higher strength for higher defense items? I'm constantly oom as it is so it seems like that would be rough, even on my necro with good regen.
Also, does dream eater benefit from extra life steal from items or famine passive?
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
These skills make a defense check. It happens to everyone using this kind of build, especially when fighting Duriel since he is in a small room. Later, it won’t be as painful when you have easier access to physical resistance and higher HP. Since you have low hp, you get hit repeatedly and faster hit recovery kicks in, slowing your escape. Changing gear for higher defense would lower your damage. If kill speed is good, stick with what you have.

For now, try to aim for the shaman in the halls of pain first, he is the one exploding the corpses. For Duriel, simply stand next to a tp. Admitting you invested a bit in faster hit recovery, when situation goes bad for minions/merc or you see too many towers, go back town. Both builds you mentioned have their guide in the guide section. Perhaps your gear is not optimized.

As for mana issues, your problem is most likely going to solve itself by aiming at high energy rolls on charms. Worse case scenario, respec to remove excess strength and dexterity. Charms really help on this.

As far as I know, Dream Eater steals hp based on a fixed percentage of damage dealt. No stat can increase this. Someone might correct me on this.
redmoon9
Imp
5 | 0
Appreciate the answers, thanks.