The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
snufkin
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
Don't know if this helps but, you can change mouse buttons in windows mouse settings so left button becomes right and right becomes left. I have been playing like that a year now so i got used to it.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
snufkin wrote:Don't know if this helps but, you can change mouse buttons in windows mouse settings so left button becomes right and right becomes left. I have been playing like that a year now so i got used to it.

what would be the purpose of that?
youtube.com/ae1337
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
aerial wrote:Tested new shower of rocks a bit, and I have mixed feelings about it.
It starts off really well, very high damage, you can 1-shot first act bosses with it.
But as you progress and gain more and more attack speed, it starts tapering off.
Main issue I have with it is the cooldown. Skill got buffed a lot for damage but got 1s cooldown and how it interacts with non-cooldown skills.
Problem is, that if you want to use it and use other non-cd skill immediately after, there is still a delay. Character attacks (not just the ones with cooldown) are locked for short period of time. This is the case with all cooldown melee attacks I think, but with one with such short cd this is more pronounced, since you have very small widow to mix in other attacks. Realistically you can hit 1x with other skill, so in case of this build, death gaze, iron spiral or stormblast/iceburst, and then another SOR is already up for casting. Vs if you get to 7fpa and want just to attack with non-cd skill you can get in over 3 attacks per second (25 frames per second, 7 frames per attack thats 3.57 attacks/s). Now if you instead try to go SOR->non-cd attack -> SOR -> non-cd attack, you will do realistically 2 attacks per second, thers also delay of you using skills (vs holding attack button and attacking back to back with 7fpa).
All this results in basically doing more damage, with old skills such as deathgaze or iceburst, even during first bosses in hell difficulty, if you can sit on top of enemy and continously attack.
SOR had no such downside if you hit&move, because you can move instantly after you trigger this skill, movement isnt locked. But if you want use another attack for split second character is not responsive to performing any action other than movement. Combine this with delay of rocks, you are vulnerable to get hit too.

Skil lost in debuff department, because its aoe got lowered, and I think duration of debuff (reduction of enemy AR and speed) lasts shorter? it goes away right after rocks stop faling. So you can no longer just add sor to debuff large area around hassle free, because aoe of such debuff will be small, duration short and it will introduce this delay before you can swing with other attack. You will get more damage to smaller area where SOR falls though, so that is a plus.

Other than that, running with attacks on RMB feels good.

I have similar feelings, I wish I knew what the overall goals of the changes were. When I saw the patch notes I thought I cool we get our own Whirlpool type hit and run nuke, but Whirlpool still functions much better at this task. Even with maxed strength/wofl stance/SoR self synergy (not signets) at level 120 it still does less damage then whirlpool nukes and is less consistent due to the small radius. SoR also seems like it's now going to be less effective in the few areas where it truly shined. I loved it in bremmtown as it hit all the spirits at once as they jumped on you and made that place cake but now if you're not careful it probably wont get all of them in the new aoe radius.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
fr0gbug wrote:I have similar feelings, I wish I knew what the overall goals of the changes were. When I saw the patch notes I thought I cool we get our own Whirlpool type hit and run nuke, but Whirlpool still functions much better at this task. Even with maxed strength/wofl stance/SoR self synergy (not signets) at level 120 it still does less damage then whirlpool nukes and is less consistent due to the small radius. SoR also seems like it's now going to be less effective in the few areas where it truly shined. I loved it in bremmtown as it hit all the spirits at once as they jumped on you and made that place cake but now if you're not careful it probably wont get all of them in the new aoe radius.

Technically sor should gain with more base damage, because of 150% multi.
If you use wolf companion, this ignores it, and then stuff like whirlpool benefits more from it. Same goes for screaming eagle variants which want as many ticks as possible, and ignore base damage multiplier of the skill. This effect will be even stronger in that case since screaming eagle/-enemy res stuff is way stronger than wolf companion in terms of number you get.

But yea, on a classic phys build, whirlpool > sor in terms of raw damage tested on some target dummy, also aoe is much better and it lasts longer.

You can technically use both skills, which is what I've been trying. You can use whirlpool->sor->whirlpool->sor a little bit faster than just using one of them at time, but not by much. The moment you use 2nd skill, 1st already shows as active to use, so you are adding a little bit to the total dps I think.
Ofc these are quie situational, mediocre aoe, teleporting bosses will instantly fuck off and you wont deal damage to them, no target seeking. Pretty miserable for farming I'd say, its much better as melee to windform to get through enemies and spam iron spirals for example.
youtube.com/ae1337
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
I guess I'm just frustrated because the changes didn't change much apart from the enormous QoL change of removing stance RMB requirement. For 2h axe phys build holding down deathgaze is still > all for clearing (expected) and single target mostly still without -res for iceburst (and benefiting from wolves). Maybe I should just be happy because the QoL stance stuff is really really nice.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Here little sample, comparison of skills vs avatars in khalimgrad, all instances same stats/gear.
Size of the target probably is a factor here and ofc fact that they are all stationary, but nevertheless here it goes:

youtube.com/ae1337
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
Science! Very interesting, thank you for putting that together.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Found eth Sagaris with a perfect 200% damage roll (in SP) recently, so decided to roll a baby.
Anything specific to adjust for it except possibly TU Assault Helmet in head slot? Would it even be worth it?

aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Nice roll congrats.
If you wanna stack some lightning pierce then crafts would be better option.
Issue here is, you cant use stormblast with 2h axe, which means your whatever main attack will not utilize the pierce.
It is better to get pierce for that main skill (which will go off every strike), and treat stormblast proc more as a bonus.
youtube.com/ae1337
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
aerial wrote:Nice roll congrats.
If you wanna stack some lightning pierce then crafts would be better option.
Issue here is, you cant use stormblast with 2h axe, which means your whatever main attack will not utilize the pierce.
It is better to get pierce for that main skill (which will go off every strike), and treat stormblast proc more as a bonus.

TU assault helm also has nice str%
Unless survivability becomes a big issue, I'd say it is an option.
Otherwise, I say crafts can be an option, but I'm playing SP, and shrines of exact type can be hard to come by. Maybe sacred honorifics would be a good idea with top 95% bless roll, but instead of shrines I would need a LOT of ACs for that.
I don't savescum with consumables, mostly out of laziness, so I am essentially SSF but without lags.